Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My 2014 SX #0145

Looks good - how bright are the lights? I like the look but would only go this route if the lights are as good or better than stock.

EBRforum Junkie
    I only had the stock setup on my bike for about 3 weeks, so hard for me to say. I can say that when I use the turn signals at night tonight, the rears seem to light up more than the fronts. That was from my perspective on the bike at a light. Not sure if that helps.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by rb21 View Post
    Looks good - how bright are the lights? I like the look but would only go this route if the lights are as good or better than stock.
    I live local to the manufacture and can attest that the led lights are super bright (have seen their kits first hand). Definitely drastically brighter compared to the stock bulbs. Additionally no resistor pack is required and indicators function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Red1190 View Post
    I live local to the manufacture and can attest that the led lights are super bright (have seen their kits first hand). Definitely drastically brighter compared to the stock bulbs. Additionally no resistor pack is required and indicators function properly.
    That's good to hear - I went ahead and ordered one last night. Seller wasted no time with shipment, it is already on its way. They also sent me a message giving me a heads up of the tools needed to make the install easier. Good customer service so far. Thanks for the info.

Update: lights are very bright - I would say that they are quite a bit brighter than the stock lights - I am very pleased with this set up.
    Last edited by rb21; 08-29-2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Received the light and wanted to add my first impression

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rb21 View Post
    That's good to hear - I went ahead and ordered one last night. Seller wasted no time with shipment, it is already on its way. They also sent me a message giving me a heads up of the tools needed to make the install easier. Good customer service so far. Thanks for the info.
    You're in Gainesville? That's not too far for a day ride. What do you have?

2015 SX - yeah not far from Jax at all

EBRforum Junkie
    This week I've been looking into duplicating the saddlebag setup that was on the yellow 1190SX at the relaunch party in March. I ordered the bags which came in last week, and began to play with them. To make them stable, there needs to be some sort of framework for the bags to rest against and possible on as well. I'm looking into manufacturers who make saddle bag supports to see if there is a simple bolt on option before having something fabbed up on my passenger pegs.
    The original bike that I'm basing it upon:

As you can see in the pics if you look closely, they have fabricated some bars as support for the bags. My next step is to mimic that. Here is what I have so far. Still playing with placement, so it isn't adjusted to its final placement.

As you can see in the last pic, there is nothing keeping the bags from swinging under the tail.
    Once that step is figured out and completed, the last step should be creating EBR badges to replace the factory OGIO badges.

EBRforum Newb

How much work was pulling the body panels?

I'm thinking about having my 1190sx vinyl wrapped with flat red / white racing stripes. How hard was it to pull the plastic?

Love this red....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...448276b21e.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by qurtrn10 View Post
    Down for a few weeks for some paint work.

EBRforum Junkie
    Found a universal saddlebag bracket kit that fit decently well. It's not perfect, but it secured the bags decently and held up to a 300 mile ride today where half of it was at 60-80mph.

EBRforum Junkie
    Those don't look half bad on there either. Who makes them?