Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust that does the 1190 RIGHT

EBRforum Newb
    Just installed dean's exhaust / tunable ecm. Not sure how to connect to the ecm, I have a cable but the box didn't include a cd with the software and didn't find it on their website either. On the box was written 'deans' so assuming it has the correct map on it. Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows what im missing.

Bike sounds amazing, very nice rumble, a bit too loud, im sure it will wake up the entire street every time I fire it up. The wife told me it made the house shske while I was running it in the garage, lol. I'll post a sound clip and how the tune is after I take it for a ride hopefully tomorrow.

EBRforum Junkie
    Sorry about that, thought I had sent out the info to everyone that had purchased the programmable ecm. Check your email.
    The cable connects under the passenger seat, the plug has a black rubber cap in it.

The latest calibration ends in 135, you can check it on the dash in the diagnostics page under "Software". If it shows up like this pic, there's no need to use the software until you're ready to make changes to it.

Last edited by d_adams; 11-29-2015 at 08:07 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks Dean, the link to download the PCM is what I needed. The ECM was loaded with the HMF Exhaust Map so I had to change it to yours. All good to go, just waiting for the weather to warm up a few more degrees this morning before taking it out for a spin.

EBRforum Junkie
    I also just verified this, there are 2 calibrations available, one is for stock gearing, the other is for a 44-46 tooth rear sprocket.

Can you show side by side comparisons:
    Stock
    DAD with PC5
    DAD with Race ECM

EBRforum Novice
    What is the take on the dual pipes on the primary headers , seen on the 1125rs ? I have a set but it is a fair job to drop the motor down to install the rear pipe ?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Dean quick question, will the full race exhaust for the RS work on the RX? I have one I bought back in 2012 for 1125 and im considering installing it on my RX. Thanks in advance.

EBRforum Newb
    Dean, have you had any feedback about the exhaust mounting? I noticed that it's been blowing exhaust directly onto the swing arm and rear brake line. I'm worried about the brake fluid boiling during extended rides.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace117 View Post
    Dean quick question, will the full race exhaust for the RS work on the RX? I have one I bought back in 2012 for 1125 and im considering installing it on my RX. Thanks in advance.
    It will work, but will require some custom fitting is my understanding. I only know of one owner that's done it and he said it is not a direct bolt on affair.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by RaygMcKee View Post
    Dean, have you had any feedback about the exhaust mounting? I noticed that it's been blowing exhaust directly onto the swing arm and rear brake line. I'm worried about the brake fluid boiling during extended rides.
    Rotate the exhaust clockwise some. The hanger bracket should be slotted and allow for some adjustment.