Thread: EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoak View Post
    Yes (sarcasm) lets have an expensive, and virtually impossible or impossibly expensive to repair frame that's easily damaged and totally obviates maintenance autonomy and serious adventure off-road riding where the bike will get dumped.
    Yea, we've all seen those hundreds of Ulys with ruined frames listed on ebay.

Hoak, you don't want an ADV bike, you want a dual-sport with a heavy emphasis on dirt. EBR may stretch the envelope a bit as far as the market's definition of an ADV bike, but why the hell would they go so far away from the Uly, which was one of Buell's most popular models? It ain't gonna happen.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Hoak, you don't want an ADV bike, you want a dual-sport with a heavy emphasis on dirt.
    If you'd make some effort to read what I've written in just this thread you'd know your statement is emphatically false. As well there's no such thing as a 'dual-sport with a heavy emphasis on dirt' and even if there were and it was something I haven't yet owned or ridden (virtually impossible) -- it still wouldn't be what I want. Telling people what they want is such a bottom-of-the-barrel approach to informal fallacy I really didn't even want to dignify this with this much attention, oh well...

EBR may stretch the envelope a bit as far as the market's definition of an ADV bike, but why the hell would they go so far away from the Uly, which was one of Buell's most popular models?
    Your assumption that the preferences expressed here diverge 'so far from the Uly' isn't congruent with any fact, and no one but EBR knows what EBR's intentions are or will be for its AX/Adventure bike -- hence this forum, and free speech. The XB12X was based on an HD context, powerplant, licensure, manufacturing and premise. EBR is an independent company that can go any direction they please, including a serious approach to clean sheet ADV motorcycle design.

It ain't gonna happen.
    And you presume to know this by what means? Are you an EBR employee? What facts do you have to support your premise?

There's far more working against another sport bike or bloated cruiser with ADV bike lipstick pretending to be anything but what it is (a paint job) as that market is saturated. And if there isn't any consideration and exploration of real ADV design for the AX this thread and discussion in entire is moot...
    Last edited by Hoak; 08-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.