Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMS Cleveland

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    I notice they've taken down the "future models" page at erikbuellracing.com too. The "button" for the page is still there on the "models" page, but it's dead. Maybe they're getting ready for an update?
    This is quite the update...

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    I suspect they will not be attending IMS Chicago. Still interested to see the new models.
    If I were Erik, I'd be attending and pushing for people to buy and make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    If I were Erik, I'd be attending and pushing for people to buy and make a statement.
    I would agree. Might as well keep pushing until its dead, but lets be realistic, most people will not buy a bike from a company that is shutting down and will soon stop supplying parts(Except me I guess lol). That being said, "most people" wouldn't buy an EBR no matter, people who buy these are unique. Name brands and warranties give people warm fuzzy feelings, EBR now has neither. Unfortunately these are the facts, Erik hasn't even had to opportunity to build a reputation because the brand is too unknown. There is no brand recognition yet, this is VITAL. I'm gonna go out on a limb and probably catch some flak, but I don't believe it is possible to start a motorcycle company without a huge corporation backing you. The market will not allow a little guy to survive in that industry, I commend Erik for taking it as far as it has gone and not selling out, but one has to wonder if Hero had purchased 100 percent where we would be today. To be honest I probably would have thought over buying one a lot more had they been owned by Hero.