Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She's Here!I bought this

EBRforum Junkie
    Its hard to say what kind of milage you will get once it is broken in, mainly because of how aggressive your throttle hand is and what gear you drive in. I averaged 40+ mpg per tank before break-in. Not sure what it is now, but its still about there. You can figure on a fill-up every 150 miles to be safe. Reserve is the light...

EBRforum ProvNov
    So far after 80 miles I'm averaging 39 mpg. Man, it sure is hard to keep the rpm's under 6500, gets there quick, haven't pushed over the threshold yet though. I can't quite figure the happy spot yet. I obviously don't want to lug it, but it seems to like to be in the 4500-5000 rpm range. In that range the instant mpg sits around 33-35 but if I drop from 3800-4000 it stays around 46. I'm not used to the engine sounds yet, what seems to be the consensus on cruising speed rpm's?

thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Moose; 06-14-2016 at 07:23 PM.

On mine, I stay around or right above 4000rpms when just cruising around. My MPGs probably aren't great considering I cant keep from twisting the throttle hard everywhere! And I'm not sure about how far you can go when the low fuel light comes on. Mine comes on when the tank is full. LOL . I know there was an issue with the crimping of the wires that causes that issue. I never trust a low fuel light anyways

EBRforum ProvNov
    Thanks for the heads up Robster!

EBRforum Junkie
    Funny thing about that fuel light is it likes to go on when on the side stand after loosing a few gallons to the wrist, but goes away when stood upright. Because my bike has also seemed to act up every once in a while with the low fuel code staying on for a minute after filling up I rock the bike with the ignition on so the float jiggles and clears the low fuel code before I start it back up, and this seems to work for me.

While riding, when the light first comes on my fill-ups average about 3.3+ gallons (if I get to filling it up right away).

EBRforum Newb
    I've been averaging 120 miles to the tank just over 1k on the bike. But I ride pretty hard so my milage could probably be better. I usually see about 35-36 avg mpg on the dash readout.

EBRforum ProvNov
    good deal, thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    ..... I recently got off of a B-King and there are a lot of similarities minus the engine feedback of course.
    Moose I have a B-King that I've had for about six years now. I'd be interested hearing your thoughts on comparing the two.