Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech Tuesdays Things to know about the RX

EBRforum Novice
    Though I imagine they may someday run out of tech for tech tuesday, but I'll take anything they give me. I enjoy all of it. I suppose there's nothing wrong with reposting them now and then.

The front and rear wheels on this bike is forged - so told me my serviceman.
    I also heard that engine has titanium rods. Can anyone confirm this information?
    EBR 1190 RX

The wheels are cast, but they are about as light as many after market forged jobs. The only way to get any lighter is with magnesium or carbon fiber both of which are illegal for race use just about everywhere. It's part of what ticks me off when people say the bike isn't affordable! WHAT THE? You're getting a race weight:
    subframe,($400-800)
    faring stay( $150-650)
    wheels, ($3000-7000)
    520 Chain & Sprockets ($300)
    Multi Position rearsets ($400-800)

and all that is stuff you would be changing on a Panigale or RSV4 even if you opted for the big money S or FF versions. Get rid of the noid and the secondary muffler and you're getting close to the same wet weight as the Panigale, get rid of the BOAT ANCHOR factory cat/exhasut combo and you're right there with fancy Panigale R in weight, go with carbon fiber body work from an RS and the uber duper expensive Marchenesi race wheels and you will have to add ballast to make weight. Sorry for the rant.

I agree with all above.

About the wheels. My rim is slightly deformed after the road accident. He began to align and had some difficulties. Had to be heated this wheel in a special method. Nothing like wheel of Japanese bikes, or wheel of Aprilia DD1200. Therefore, we think that wheel of EBR is forged aluminium.
    Last edited by zviadi; 06-15-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    If I recall correctly, they came up with a new casting process based on ablation casting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ablation_casting) for the wheels.