Thread: AMA Pro Road Racing 2014 (maybe)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not only is it just 5 rounds, but for the most part they are 90 days apart. I don't see it making fiscal sense to try and hold a full or even partime team together for testing and development when the races are that far apart. To be quite honest with only 5 east of the Mississippi rounds, this looks more like a regional club racing org than a national series. It makes more fiscal sense to run WERA or CMRA for both the tracks and the teams if you're going to settle for running regional club racing. Unless they are really going to bite the bullet and market the heck out of the five rounds they have to win back fans, you can't say this is a rebuild, because where are the teams? No EBR, no Jumpman, only 1 KTM rider, Eslick going to Daytona sportbike, Hayden still has no ride, no title sponsorship, man this playing out like an old Meryl Haggard song.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Not only is it just 5 rounds, but for the most part they are 90 days apart. I don't see it making fiscal sense to try and hold a full or even partime team together for testing and development when the races are that far apart. To be quite honest with only 5 east of the Mississippi rounds, this looks more like a regional club racing org than a national series. It makes more fiscal sense to run WERA or CMRA for both the tracks and the teams if you're going to settle for running regional club racing. Unless they are really going to bite the bullet and market the heck out of the five rounds they have to win back fans, you can't say this is a rebuild, because where are the teams? No EBR, no Jumpman, only 1 KTM rider, Eslick going to Daytona sportbike, Hayden still has no ride, no title sponsorship, man this playing out like an old Meryl Haggard song.

I agree. A five round series just isn't worth doing, but if they have no choice, I would suggest cramming them as close together as possible - for example 1 race every other weekend for a 10 week season. Not only is the spread difficult for the teams, but casual fans are going to lose interest with 90 days between.

After you see a race, you're into it. You want to see what will happen next round. But that feeling fades over time and by 90 days later you've forgotten who won the last one and what the battles were and you have to start all over to rebuild enthusiasm.