Thread: Exhaust headers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Junkie
    Better -

Did anyone do any actual "tuning" ? Seems very low for a decent exhaust system and a "changeable" ECM. It would seem to me that a good amount (many hours, many attempts) of experimentation would be required to match the intake (1190's injectors, cams, heads) to that exhaust system.
    I recall, when racing was done here at the Fontana raceway in SoCal, the numbers quoted were slightly above the 200 that Dean notes.
    An upgrade to the cams heads (the new 1190 stuff), that exh. system and a "good" tuneup, should provide some good power numbers.

Mike

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Better -

Did anyone do any actual "tuning" ? Seems very low for a decent exhaust system and a "changeable" ECM. It would seem to me that a good amount (many hours, many attempts) of experimentation would be required to match the intake (1190's injectors, cams, heads) to that exhaust system.
    I recall, when racing was done here at the Fontana raceway in SoCal, the numbers quoted were slightly above the 200 that Dean notes.
    An upgrade to the cams heads (the new 1190 stuff), that exh. system and a "good" tuneup, should provide some good power numbers.

Mike
    I was using the ECU supplied for the twin pipe system, this was mapped at the factory and locked. I since purchased a tuneable ecu .