Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    I would be a player for an EBR private offering with Bruce at the helm. However, keep in mind that the minimum net worth for an investor in a private offering is a bit high. Not sure what it is today, but the last time I invested in a private offering (15 years ago) the minimum net worth was $1 million.
    "Before you start emptying out your wallet though, the offering is made under Rule 506 of Regulation D, which means there are several restrictions on the purchase, including the fact that you will have to be an accredited investor – i.e. a financial institution or a person of wealth"

This is what bthibodeaux is talking about. I believe the only way you could buy stock in a company, without being a person of wealth, is for it to become a publicly traded company... I'm not a huge investor, so please don't just start the flame show if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kneepucker View Post
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...e-stock-offer/

I found this article today, and it sparked my interest. Who here would consider buying private stock in EBR if made available to raise capital? I think I'd buy a few hundred worth, something I could afford losing, but also would like to feel a little more pride in the brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    I would be a player for an EBR private offering with Bruce at the helm. However, keep in mind that the minimum net worth for an investor in a private offering is a bit high. Not sure what it is today, but the last time I invested in a private offering (15 years ago) the minimum net worth was $1 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotter View Post
    "Before you start emptying out your wallet though, the offering is made under Rule 506 of Regulation D, which means there are several restrictions on the purchase, including the fact that you will have to be an accredited investor – i.e. a financial institution or a person of wealth"

This is what bthibodeaux is talking about. I believe the only way you could buy stock in a company, without being a person of wealth, is for it to become a publicly traded company... I'm not a huge investor, so please don't just start the flame show if I'm wrong.
    Couldn't an investment firm buy a block of the company and sell shares of that interest to individual investors? I guess that would be a way of skirting the law which would probably mean it would be prevented.

But I also think there's a concern in that, until Bruce and Erik can get something up and running, the value of the company is going to be depressed by the auction price.

I mean who, for example, would pay $20 million for 49% of a company that just sold at auction for $2.5 million? Of course the company, under the right leadership, may be worth far more than the auction price, but it's up to Bruce and Erik to prove that and make something happen. Once they're back up and running and cash is coming in the door, the perceived value may be much higher.

So it's a catch 22. They need cash to be viable but they can't get cash until they are viable. Hopefully Bruce has enough to get them back on their feet and then good things can happen from there, but bridging that gap is the tough part.

EBRforum ProvNov
    The following post from Mr Belfer:

Rather than keep everyone guessing, here's the straight skinny:

It has been 8 weeks since the AMG acquired the assets of EBR. Although full operations are not yet underway, there has been a great deal of activity behind the scenes.

As you may or may not be aware, the Receiver entered into a settlement with HERO just prior to the court date. Although in the long run this is a good thing, in the short run it has caused some delays. At the 11th hour, the HERO settlement excluded some assets that were previously included in the bid, and then the company's assets were relocated between buildings in a less-than-organized fashion, making a proper inventory assessment more complex, and postponing the financing package while it was being sorted out. This literally forced us to re-approve the entire finance picture, re-doing in 8 weeks what had taken 4 months to complete. Essentially, we are still awaiting the final closing, and working with the receiver to get it done. No one is more eager to get going than we are, but there is only one way, the right way, to do so, so that is what is under way. While we are busy finishing up with HERO, the following have also been accomplished:

-Incorporated in Wisconsin (Docs filed, tax ID, employer ID, etc.
    -Set up local bank accounts
    -Set up employee files
    -Set up payroll account
    -Ordered payroll checks
    -Set up insurance
    -Restart the website
    -Fix the phones
    -Established shipping accounts with freight carriers
    -Re-validated the inventory
    -Re-approved the finance package
    -Set up revised preliminary operating budgets based on actual inventories
    -Refreshed all financial due diligence.

Throughout this period, the core team at EBR is at work and getting paid by AMG. Now that there is an incorporated business in Wisconsin with which to begin doing business, next up are:

-Employee re-hiring and placement
    -Dealer contact and management
    -Vendor contact and management
    -Customer contact and management
    -Race team contact and management
    -Floor plan contact and management
    -Social media/Forum/Web management and updates
    -Warranty related issues
    -Parts, accessories and merchandise availability and fulfillment
    -Open order assessment and fulfillment
    -Restart of production line
    -New product development

Rest assured that EBR has my undivided attention. We know what the dealers want. We know what the owners want. We know what the market wants. We are busting our humps to make sure we can give it to you.

Never said it would be easy...never said it would be pretty...but it's getting done.

Thanks for your patience.

Bruce

EBRforum ProvNov
    Mr Belfer's post was from BadWeb....

Quote Originally Posted by mbfj40 View Post
    The following post from Mr Belfer:

Rather than keep everyone guessing, here's the straight skinny:

It has been 8 weeks since the AMG acquired the assets of EBR. Although full operations are not yet underway, there has been a great deal of activity behind the scenes.

As you may or may not be aware, the Receiver entered into a settlement with HERO just prior to the court date. Although in the long run this is a good thing, in the short run it has caused some delays. At the 11th hour, the HERO settlement excluded some assets that were previously included in the bid, and then the company's assets were relocated between buildings in a less-than-organized fashion, making a proper inventory assessment more complex, and postponing the financing package while it was being sorted out. This literally forced us to re-approve the entire finance picture, re-doing in 8 weeks what had taken 4 months to complete. Essentially, we are still awaiting the final closing, and working with the receiver to get it done. No one is more eager to get going than we are, but there is only one way, the right way, to do so, so that is what is under way. While we are busy finishing up with HERO, the following have also been accomplished:

-Incorporated in Wisconsin (Docs filed, tax ID, employer ID, etc.
    -Set up local bank accounts
    -Set up employee files
    -Set up payroll account
    -Ordered payroll checks
    -Set up insurance
    -Restart the website
    -Fix the phones
    -Established shipping accounts with freight carriers
    -Re-validated the inventory
    -Re-approved the finance package
    -Set up revised preliminary operating budgets based on actual inventories
    -Refreshed all financial due diligence.

Throughout this period, the core team at EBR is at work and getting paid by AMG. Now that there is an incorporated business in Wisconsin with which to begin doing business, next up are:

-Employee re-hiring and placement
    -Dealer contact and management
    -Vendor contact and management
    -Customer contact and management
    -Race team contact and management
    -Floor plan contact and management
    -Social media/Forum/Web management and updates
    -Warranty related issues
    -Parts, accessories and merchandise availability and fulfillment
    -Open order assessment and fulfillment
    -Restart of production line
    -New product development

Rest assured that EBR has my undivided attention. We know what the dealers want. We know what the owners want. We know what the market wants. We are busting our humps to make sure we can give it to you.

Never said it would be easy...never said it would be pretty...but it's getting done.

Thanks for your patience.

Bruce
    Thanks!

It would seem common sense that those things were happening, but with no real information, it's hard to avoid thinking maybe they're just sitting around crying in their beer or something.

EBRforum Expert
    ^ I think the big thing he mentions above that hadn't occurred to most of us is the last-minute purchase of the "consulting assets" by Hero threw a wrench in the works. Like he says, I'm sure it was a good thing in the long run, but it complicated and slowed things down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    ^ I think the big thing he mentions above that hadn't occurred to most of us is the last-minute purchase of the "consulting assets" by Hero threw a wrench in the works. Like he says, I'm sure it was a good thing in the long run, but it complicated and slowed things down a lot.
    Well if not for some comments indicating information last week, I probably wouldn't have realistically expected to hear anything by now anyway. It does seem like there are a lot of pieces that need to be put back together.

EBRforum Newb
    Warranties... I hope he offers to help those who couldn't get them when it went under!

EBRforum Expert
    Link posted on Facebook yesterday:

http://www.ebreurope.com/

"Coming soon"

Cool! I'm just patiently waiting for news. Hopefully we'll see something detailed soon, but little things like this are nice to feel things are progressing.

If I were EBR, I think I would frankly be spending more time in Europe, Australia and Asia than the United States. It seems they have a better recognition and understanding of the unique characteristics of the EBR than people in the US. But what do you expect from a country for which Harley Davidson is the standard?