Thread: My SX # 0002

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Junkie
    It sounds like SX #0002 isn't going to be long in this world...

You should, at the very least, break that engine and drive train in properly before you track day the bike. High rpms for any new motor builds a lot of heat and greatly reduces engine life. In other words, no free-reving the engine, keep the rpms below 6000 for the first 500 km and below 7500 until 1000 km. And even though it is not required by the manufacturer, I would change the oil after the first 100 kms, and again at the first 1000 km maintenance schedule. You will be surprised at the small bits of metal that are floating around in there after both oil changes. There are a lot of them with the first oil change, not as much in the second. Food for thought. Enjoy the new bike.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 10-04-2015 at 10:12 AM.

thank you for your warm wishes bell-fan :)... i have done probably the first 100km like you said, but i pushed it harder after that, i do believe in breaking the bike in hard...horses for courses....i will change the oil indeed,i always do after each track day.... the EBR is not the first bike and won't be the last to have metal flakes running in the oil... thanks for your help