Thread: Lets Talk Chain and Sprockets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The oem is not steel it's hard anodized aluminum. Its been lightened in multiple ways. You will notice it has much larger holes and while the load bearing tooth ring is standard thickness, the inner area is 3mm thinner.

My rear sprocket was ruined because I followed the spec's for chain slack in the owners manual. I even called Adam Wells at EBR and asked him if the spec's were correct. They are NOT right. The bike suspension geometry will tear up the sprocket. I leave my chain at about an inch or so. Besides the chain tensioner works great for slack. Have put about 4,000 miles on new sprocket,looks great. Af1 has both rear and aft final drive sprockets

Quote Originally Posted by rx1190kevin View Post
    My rear sprocket was ruined because I followed the spec's for chain slack in the owners manual. I even called Adam Wells at EBR and asked him if the spec's were correct. They are NOT right. The bike suspension geometry will tear up the sprocket. I leave my chain at about an inch or so. Besides the chain tensioner works great for slack. Have put about 4,000 miles on new sprocket,looks great. Af1 has both rear and aft final drive sprockets
    You do realise that an Inch is equal to about 25mm- so an inch or SO puts your right in that 30mm range. I'm just saying...