Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Yea, "shortly" is a very subjective word.

Interesting predictions. I can't remember if I posted here, but May posted to FB a few days ago that he had no riding or testing coming up in the "near future" and he was hanging out in Italy. Later posts showed him snow skiing. I took that to mean he hadn't been sent home yet. Another guy took that to mean he's not riding for EBR next year. I guess we'll see.
    Interesting. From the EBR/Hero Facebook post, we would have to infer that the team has been decided but not announced yet.

I can't speak for Geoff, but if I knew that I didn't have a ride for next year, I think I'd be working on finding one (probably in the US) and not skiing.

Though that could be wishful thinking. I'm finding myself hoping it's May and Canepa - Particularly since the rumor of Pegram riding popped up.

I think think May and Canepa would compliment each other nicely.

Though

Looks like Herrin is off the table: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...rsport-series/

Have I missed any news? I haven't been watching and I'm not sure if I missed it or there just hasn't been anything.

If it is what has been reported, I don't know why they just won't make it official.

EBRforum Expert
    You haven't missed anything as far as I can tell. Nothing on EBR's FB page, northing on Team Hero/EBR's FB page, nothing on Larry Pegram's FB page, nothing on Canepa's FB page. I also do a google search every morning and nothing new has turned up on it since last week.

"Shortly" my a**...

EBRforum Expert
    Looks like the rumor is now official:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...erbike-effort/

(Still nothing on Team Hero/EBR's FB page though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Looks like the rumor is now official:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...erbike-effort/

(Still nothing on Team Hero/EBR's FB page though.)

It's cool to know they'll be participating, but I have to admit I'm skeptical about Pegram riding. This same announcement with May in place of Pegram as a rider would have me really excited. I hope they'll at least find some money to keep May on EBR in Moto-America.

. . . and did you notice Canepa is "delighted", Munjal is "delighted" and EB is "delighted" Whoever is writing these press releases needs to break out a thesaurus.

I'm excited to see what happens, and I really like Canepa as a rider and I like Pegram as a manager. I just wish I could feel a little more confident that this sort of screwy sounding rider/manager scheme they're trying will actually work.

And I certainly hope they have some hardware improvements coming as Erik seems to imply. Without some additional power, I don't think any shake-up in riders or team will do much.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    . . . and did you notice Canepa is "delighted", Munjal is "delighted" and EB is "delighted" Whoever is writing these press releases needs to break out a thesaurus.
    Now that you mention it, there does seem to be an excess of "delight" in the EBR camp.

I'm delighted they are delighted but there is still the issue of about 30HP that needs to be found and made reliably. I'm actually looking forward to the racing this year, I would have liked it better if it were purely under EVO rules but still the prospects of closer to street guise is better this coming year than ever. It should be fun and EBR should make up a little ground just by virtue of the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    I'm delighted they are delighted but there is still the issue of about 30HP that needs to be found and made reliably. I'm actually looking forward to the racing this year, I would have liked it better if it were purely under EVO rules but still the prospects of closer to street guise is better this coming year than ever. It should be fun and EBR should make up a little ground just by virtue of the new rules.
    I'm starting to warm to the idea of Pegram riding and managing. IMO, it's all about the bike right now. As you say, they clearly need more power, but I suspect they need numerous other improvements. Until they have a better bike, they won't get better riders, and until they get better riders, they won't get the kind of attention they need to attract sponsors and make a real run.

Unfortunately, it sounds like last year was a mostly wasted year. As frustrating as that might be EBR can't really change the fact that they're still at square 1. But while they may still be at square 1, they can strive to avoid repeating the mistakes of last year. My impression is that one of the biggest problems last year was an apparent disconnect between factory and team and team and riders. I frankly felt like the factory really wanted to do well and the riders really wanted to do well, but the team just seemed to be going through the motions and almost seemed to have a contempt for the factory and riders.

Pegram should serve as a conduit to, hopefully, eliminate that disconnect. Pegram doesn't have a magic wand, but hopefully he can get everybody rowing in the same direction and that's the first, critical step.

Since it's all about the bike, Pegram will hopefully be the one to identify what needs to happen with the bike and make sure it happens. He won't be able to point any fingers. If he thinks a different brake is needed, let's do it. He won't have anyone to hide behind if he asks for that, gets it, and still can't get it done.

I'm expecting continued struggle, but looking forward to 2015 as much or more than I was looking forward to 2014. I was holding my breath then and seriously concerned that even qualifying could have been a problem. We know now that the bike can run in the 15-20 range, so let's hope they can build on that with the modest goal of running 10-15 by the end of the season.
    Last edited by Scott; 12-04-2014 at 02:19 PM.

EBRforum Expert
    Cross-posting from Badweb, the winter testing ban has been lifted: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/world-superbi ke-test-ban-lifted-2015/

Hopefully the new EBR team can make good use of this.