Thread: For Sale - 2014 1190 RX - does not run

For Sale - 2014 1190 RX - does not run

I am considering selling my RX.

It does not run. (turns on no problem)
    The clutch case cracked open during a ride a year ago, just about a month after I was laid-off from my job (and struggled to find a new full-time for quite some time)... So it has been stored in the garage since, filled up gas and added sta-bil so it doesn't turn to sludge and plugged on the battery tender, before I would eventually be able to spend the time and money on it. While some things are going better now, I still cannot justify spending the money on the EBR. Living and renting in the SF bay area is also making things very challenging for owning motorcycles.

I have not taken the bike apart to identify the exact point of failure and what parts need to be replaced. As some of you know, the frame needs to move out of the way for the inner clutch cover to come off so one could see what happened in there. I have not had a chance to do this procedure. However, I have removed the outer clutch cover and discovered that the clutch basket nut was loose... It came off by hand (I don't have 180Nm of torque between my thumb and index... So that's probably a good clue as to what went wrong).

Other than this issue the bike is in great shape. Everything else is in good shape and maintenance up to date.

I am still very much on the fence about letting it go. If anyone is interested lmk and make me an offer.

General info:
    2014 EBR 1190 RX - Red
    7924 miles
    Clean California Title
    Located in San Mateo California

I had that happen to mine. The loose clutch hub nut made one of the bolts shear off and blast through that inner clutch cover faster than Mavrick flys a jet plane, necessitating a frame removal and complicated by the fact that the water pump is included in that assembly, NOS ones are so old now the seals dry up, AND it takes a specialty tool to install that I had to buy. Ugh. Pain in the BUTT!

Very much like this on an 1125.
    Haha

I feel for you bro, we know they ain't worth much not running, and it's a big deal to fix. I'm south of you by LAX if I can do anything to help, lemme know.