Thread: 2014 yellow RX #003

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Junkie

2014 yellow RX #003

This thread is to track progress on my 1190RX VIN #003.

History:
    In October 2013, EBR unveils the 1190RX to the world using 4 bikes at their booth (1 yellow, 1 black, and two red (one on the ground with the others and one suspended in the air)). The yellow RX was VIN #003 - mine. In addition, yellow RX #006 was at the AMSOIL booth advertising a giveaway at the same show. In addition to being media bikes for shows and photography models for advertisements and magazines, these bikes were also used as R&D before production was to begin in December 2013 for completion in January 2014.

There are some differences between #003 and the rest of regular production 1190RXs. I will post pictures and describe differences as I have time throughout the week.

Sadly, one thing I was looking forward to was the different rear shock/spring combo as shown on the above pics. Appears to have been the rear suspension from the XBRR, but sometime between 10/2013 and today, the rear setup was replaced with the standard production rear sock/spring combo. I may later try to find that original shock combo to return to what the bike had originally, but at least for now, #003 has the same as everyone else.

Fortunately, the front forks are the same as shown in 2013, and are a different Showa BPF. How different I cannot say, but it is easy to identify by looking at the fork caps (blue) vs regular production (black). On the 1190RX, I have only seen these on the pre-production bikes. They may have also come from the XBRR, but I don't have any information on that yet.

Delivery:
    Arrived via Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping today. Shippers were very prompt and very professional. Couldn't have been happier with the delivery.

Modifications:
    Within about 10 minutes of delivery, I swapped in the Twisted Designs undertail license plate bracket, swapped the shorter rear turn signals to the front, added Sandro axle sliders, and pitbull longer spools.

Last edited by qurtrn10; 10-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.