Not sure where to put this since it applies equally to SX and RX.

I suspected my rear shock was starting to pogo towards the end of last season, adjustments didn't seem to make any useful difference; when I got the bike out a few weeks back it was definitely shot. 19k miles, so that's really not too bad, all things considered.

Pulled the wheels to replace the tyres and I noticed very much worse corrosion on the back of the cat.conv 'breadbox' - that will not last another New England rainy season, no doubt. Surprised that the breadbox is mild steel, aren't there federal requirements on cat.conv life ? Maybe EBR thought nobody would ride the bikes that much. Memory says limits for cars are 10 years/100k miles, whichever comes last.

I've ordered a Wilbers shock assembly and an APH system from NCCR, I will let you know how they work out. I have a hard time believing it will not work out very well, but sometimes shiite happens. Against the cost of an Ohlins that needs to be rebuilt before it's even installed, Wilbers seemed a better alternative. The NCCR APH exhaust is engineered to beat all race track noise regs, so it should work OK for New England. I am toying with replacing the steering damper with Wilbers or Ohlins, but I'm not noticing any real issues with the OEM so far, so "don't fix what ain't broke". That time will probably come soon enough.