Thread: #121 Totaled

EBRforum Newb

#121 Totaled

A few weeks ago I low sided my bike. Unfortunately I can not afford another at the moment. I have an assortment of new parts that I have stockpiled. I will not sell individual pieces at the moment. I have $1700 worth of parts and I'm asking $1100 for the lot. Sorry if I did not post correctly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4075.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160517_200912.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	557.5 KB 
ID:	921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160519_105007.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	849.8 KB 
ID:	922

EBRforum ProvNov
    Man the damage doesn't look that bad. I bet you could rebuild it for about 2k..
    Last edited by Jbaker229; 05-19-2016 at 10:36 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    Frame was wiped out

Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    Man the damage doesn't look that bad. I bet you could rebuild it for about 2k..

EBRforum Junkie
    How much for the bike itself?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    How much for the bike itself?
    Someone has the right idea. Perhaps Dean picked up a frame in the online LAP auction?

I wonder how much a frame would be if you contacted EBR? I am sure registering the VIN and what not might be a bit of a hassle. If you only destroyed the left side plastics I would estimate you have $700 in total in fairings+airbox cover+fan, perhaps 1k for a frame and another 300 for miscellaneous parts (grips, clip ons etc.)?

On my motorcycle are the same damage after a fall, only the frame that's all right. Visually. Hopefully ...
    Also lowside. Something I now also began to worry about my frame ...

Glad, that you ok.
    Last edited by zviadi; 05-20-2016 at 01:21 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    I was thinking more along the lines of a track bike.

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks guys, the insurance company already took the bike. I still have my Firebolt though!

EBRforum ProvNov
    I was recently run off the road by an inattentive driver in south Texas, similar damage to yours. The girl's insurance wouldn't pay out, so mine asked if i wanted the bike totaled or not. I told them no, I would fix everything on my own. So, I ended up with a $5k insurance check with a $1k repair bill. I have a little dent in the frame that is of no consequence, and ended up with a new race ecm, and other doodads such as R&G sliders that give me some peace of mind.

My plan is to start a thread showing my path to figuring out and repairing a bike that was several months ago completely unfamiliar to me.

If anyone ever had a question about a good motorcycle insurance policy, I highly recommend Progressive.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by golfman1966 View Post
    I was recently run off the road by an inattentive driver in south Texas, similar damage to yours. The girl's insurance wouldn't pay out, so mine asked if i wanted the bike totaled or not. I told them no, I would fix everything on my own. So, I ended up with a $5k insurance check with a $1k repair bill. I have a little dent in the frame that is of no consequence, and ended up with a new race ecm, and other doodads such as R&G sliders that give me some peace of mind.

My plan is to start a thread showing my path to figuring out and repairing a bike that was several months ago completely unfamiliar to me.

If anyone ever had a question about a good motorcycle insurance policy, I highly recommend Progressive.

Sounds awesome! I cannot wait for the build thread!