Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trying to decide what bike to get next. 1190sx, Tuono, or s1000r

EBRforum Newb

trying to decide what bike to get next. 1190sx, Tuono, or s1000r

I've been able to ride the s1000r. Sat on and played with Tuono. Can't find an 1190sx to actually sit on and hear.
    Does any one close have one that would let me sit on it and listen to it? I'm in South East AL. 30 minutes from FL.
    30 minutes from GA. Zip code 36305. Thanks Tony.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Tony, I just purchased one that will be delivered in the next week or so. I believe it is the first one in AL. I am in the Birmingham area.

EBRforum Newb
    Cool. Where did you buy it from? I had a deal set up with the WI dealer. Red one. 2016. Delivered for 14,000$$ with an after market 3 year warranty.
    Let me know how you like it and if you're willing to let me sit on it. You're only 4 hours away from me. What kind of deal did you get on it? Tony.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by arikam View Post
    Cool. Where did you buy it from? I had a deal set up with the WI dealer. Red one. 2016. Delivered for 14,000$$ with an after market 3 year warranty.
    Let me know how you like it and if you're willing to let me sit on it. You're only 4 hours away from me. What kind of deal did you get on it? Tony.
    Did it come with a factory warranty as well?

EBRforum Newb
    Yes. But only 1 year. If they close the doors again, at least I'll still have the after market warranty. BMW s1000r comes with a 3 year warranty. And abs, launch control, cruise control. For just a little bit more.

EBRforum Junkie
    LAP won't be closing the doors on EBR if we keep supporting this American company by purchasing their motorcycles. BMW has gotten into the American motorcycle market because we keep supporting foreign made sportbikes. Buy American! so EBR can put ABS, quick shift, and the like on a model year 2017 bike.

EBRforum Newb
    I don't really mind the lack of abs. I sure wish it had c/c to. Probably have to buy a throttle lock. Also, it looks like it has a quick shifter. Does it not? Not really a deal breaker. Never had
    It before, so I can live without it now. Insurance for me on it is high. 297$ for 6 months. Double of what anything else has ever been for me.

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    LAP won't be closing the doors on EBR if we keep supporting this American company by purchasing their motorcycles. BMW has gotten into the American motorcycle market because we keep supporting foreign made sportbikes. Buy American! so EBR can put ABS, quick shift, and the like on a model year 2017 bike.
    Right On!

EBRforum ProvNov
    I purchased mine straight from LAP. Still finalizing the numbers. They still have a couple left for 10,200 but you can beat them up a little. No warranty.

EBRforum Newb
    So does that mean you are getting a 2015? Either way, i'd like to check it out once you get it.