Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DkRider's Build Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by golfman1966 View Post
    From a fellow Galactic Black owner, love the pics and the progress. Would be good information to know where you sourced the parts and what the make is so others can follow suit if they so desire.

So, with that in mind, what windscreen are you sporting?
    The windscreen is from Powerbronze. I bought a seat cowl from there as well, but the fitment was so bad that I decided to get rid of the rear seat and go with the RR/SBK tail section instead.
    All the carbon bits are from Bestemusa and the fitment is spot on, except the upside down EBR logo I removed ;)
    Everything else is OEM EBR parts from EBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    While interesting bolt-on parts, where's some real modifications that make a difference in handling, braking, speed ?
    Not trying to be a dick...but, most anyone can do bolt-on parts, we need some real mechanical ingenuity in updates/upgrades.

Mike
    I know it's easy just to put on bolt-on parts, but why not take an easy solution when it's possible. Im not trying to invent the wheel all over here, Erik Buell did a almost perfect job with this bike in my opinion, and I can't do it better. Keep in mind this is only the beginning of my build/upgrade of my RX. I still have a lot of parts coming and many changes I want to make to the bike. Right now im working on a tail section with integrated lights, and trying to figure out what color the bike is going to be.

And then I just received these beauties this morning.

Last edited by DkRider; 06-10-2016 at 06:43 AM.

EBRforum Novice
    WOW! Very nice!

EBRforum Junkie
    If you install the Ohlins yourself, could you take a bunch of pics of the process and write up a DIY for it? I'm very interested in doing a set, but I'd really like to do it myself if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by qurtrn10 View Post
    If you install the Ohlins yourself, could you take a bunch of pics of the process and write up a DIY for it? I'm very interested in doing a set, but I'd really like to do it myself if possible.
    It has been a long time since I have done a update. and I just havn't had time or been home in Denmark at all. but just before I left Denmark I managed to fit the Ohlins fork and rear damper and some other small parts.
    Im sorry for the picture quality. It's taken with a potato and uploaded through a very bad satellite connection.

Name:  IMG_4879.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  294.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4880.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	1186
    Name:  IMG_4876.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  246.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4874.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  304.7 KB

I will come withe a lot more pictures of the progress and what I did when I fitted the fork, when I get back to Denmark in a few weeks.
    Last edited by DkRider; 10-16-2016 at 11:31 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    those are some classy pics man! nice work!

EBRforum Newb

Ohlins Forks

Where did you find the Ohlins front forks for purchase? I race an EBR 1190RX here in the states and am looking for a set of these forks. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by DkRider View Post

And then I just received these beauties this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Achandler119 View Post
    Where did you find the Ohlins front forks for purchase? I race an EBR 1190RX here in the states and am looking for a set of these forks. Thank you for the help.
    I got them directly from EBR/lap just when they started selling out of all the parts. Idk if its possible to find a set of ohlins still, because they are made in a very limited number.

EBRforum Newb
    That bike is sick! Where the forks and rear shock off another bike EBR/LAP had?

Quote Originally Posted by Purves View Post
    That bike is sick! Where the forks and rear shock off another bike EBR/LAP had?
    The fork and rear shock was bourght as been new and came in original packaging. So I'm sure it as never been fitter to another bike first.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by DkRider View Post
    The fork and rear shock was bourght as been new and came in original packaging. So I'm sure it as never been fitter to another bike first.
    Great find! awesome bike