Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Splitlath Racing

EBRforum Expert
    ^ They had issues with that the first year they ran IIRC (2014?). They have to run an auxiliary fuel tank under the seat like the EBR's ran in WSBK, and even with that they have to refuel once.

EBRforum Newb
    the number of laps is meant to have at least one pit for gas. Wouldn't think it would be gas issue. I'm sure they will say something.

EBRforum Expert
    Update from Mark; they lost the engine.

TT 2016 update 08 - Superbike race:

Family and friends, regarding Superbike the engine oil light went on after 5 1/2 laps of hard racing and the motor expired shortly after. We made up 11 positions on track before the mechanical failure despite some 20 second longer per pit stops due to our two fuel tank scheme. The EBR was working perfect seeing us eclipse our best ever lap time on the machine and the team did a great job. Needless to say we were gutted not to bring her home yesterday.

Regarding Shoey I'll only mention I arrived to the accident about 10 seconds after it happened and it was a heart wrenching scene. Paul was a true friend and this is a extremely hard thing to process and I truly don't know at this moment if I'll be able to race the remainder of TT with any real conviction, if at all. We will try, as he would want.

I'm a zombie today and I won't pretend that any words I might express here on Facebook would make anyone close to the situation feel any better. I will say simply that Paul was a unique human being who was very well liked by all and whom possessed a pleasant honest genuine intelligent caring nature that made him one of my favorite people on earth, I'm lucky to have been influenced by him.

Mark
    Superbike rider Paul Shoesmith was the 2nd rider killed yesterday; RIP Paul.

EBRforum Expert
    *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Mark finished 23rd in today's Superstock race. Pretty impressive considering he started out in 52nd place!

BTW- the Superbike race is 6 laps long; today's Superstock race was 4 laps.

EBRforum Novice
    Nice!

EBRforum Junkie
    Sweet! Now if we could get Splitlath to post up Mark's race video here for all to see...