Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess the new MSRP of the 2016s

Guess the new MSRP of the 2016s

Be interesting to see what people think it will be. What do you think they can get in the marketplace?

EBRforum Junkie
    Anywhere from $12-14k average. With a warranty. It's 2 year old tech now, headed for 3 year old in a hurry. Awesome bikes though, much more than I needed. The original targeted price point was $14k roughly, it was to compete head on with the big 3 (or 4 if you include BMW) and be a viable option. Can't say who I got that from, but I was a bit disappointed to have it priced at $19k when it actually came out. Bought one anyway.

EBRforum Junkie
    My take on the new msrp: RX: $12,500 SX: $11,500

12-13k rx, 11-12k sx

EBRforum Newb
    10K RX and 9K SX.
    Because of the history, the price has to be low.
    A buyer will fear that the warranty and parts support could vanish again, without warning.

I think it will be more like 14-16k. They were MSRP at 18 and the only reason they sold so low is obvious and they will probably say something along the lines of "what did you expect?" once the new MSRP is released. IMO

EBRforum Expert
    I'll say $9,999 for both models.

So, Ed, i'm guessing you know what the new MSRP's are? Is AF1 going to be a dealer?

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickit View Post
    I think it will be more like 14-16k. They were MSRP at 18 and the only reason they sold so low is obvious and they will probably say something along the lines of "what did you expect?" once the new MSRP is released. IMO
    LAP has said multiple times that you will be "surprised by the new MSRP". At the end of EBR, the MSRP were 14 and 16k. I suppose we would all be surprised if they stayed the same!

I would guess $13,995. Anything lower than that would set a precedent that wouldn't be sustainable, and based on the competition and their pricing, I think it would be foolish to go below that.

This is as exotic as exotic gets. This is one of the rarest motorcycles on the planet. They're going to be hand-built by a very small crew in East Troy WI. People pay for exclusivity (and accept quirks and flaws in exotic bikes) and EBR needs to take advantage of that and market these bikes as exotics until they can really get back on their feet again. Remember the prices on the original Buells? They would be well over $20K in today's dollars and they weren't priced like that because they outperformed other bikes on the market. They were priced like that because they were low-volume, unique bikes that were unlike anything anybody else was selling. That's what the new, lower volume EBR needs to sell themselves as.

A Motus will set you back over $30,000. Bimotas don't blow away the competition on performance, but they charge a premium for a unique bike.

But while I would be careful not to price the new bikes too low, I would work with dealers and make sure they were being well compensated if they can move those bikes at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Scott; 03-10-2016 at 09:13 AM.

EBRforum Expert
    Dealers apparently signed NDA's yesterday in order to receive more info on new models and dealer requirements.