Thread: So After all the Build-Up and Hype, Is there any Difference Between Octane and Scout?

So After all the Build-Up and Hype, Is there any Difference Between Octane and Scout?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-4.jpg 
Views:	6850 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	814

Name:	080514-2015-indian-scout-scout-silver-static2.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	815

Name:	Victory_Octane_top.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	816

Name:  4afd8f00-d610-4c6d-b809-5aa4eea41080.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  176.1 KB

After the problems EBR has been having, I had held out a hope that we'd finally get the great American Sport-Bike from Victory, but this glorified re-badge is beyond disappointing.

Victory seems even worse than Harley with less diversity spread across two different brands.

Part of me was hoping Polaris would buy EBR, but now I'm not sure if I want this company any where near them. I'm afraid they'd put a perimeter brake on this overweight piece of crap, slap an EBR logo on it and call it a day.

I'm more desperate than ever to hope EBR can find a way to pull it off after seeing this Victory monstrosity.
    Last edited by Scott; 02-22-2016 at 11:16 AM.

I would hope that if Polaris had bought them, they would recognize what they had... They would hopefully put money into a adventure bike and a mid sized naked or sport bike... who knows... Looks like we are in a better situation now than we were a couple of months ago, so cheers to that.

EBRforum Junkie
    Not that I'm in the market for a cruiser, but tbh, it's not that bad looking of a bike. If I were in the market, I'd consider it anyway. General purpose short trip (less than 300 miles) bike, minimalist, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Not that I'm in the market for a cruiser, but tbh, it's not that bad looking of a bike. If I were in the market, I'd consider it anyway. General purpose short trip (less than 300 miles) bike, minimalist, etc.
    Yeah, I guess "for a cruiser" both the Scout and Octane aren't that bad, but why even make this when you have the Scout? I was sort of hoping that now that Polaris has Indian, that would be their cruiser brand and Victory could start making something I'd consider buying.

If the Octane had come out with a shorter rake, more rear-set pegs and minimalist rear-fender (relatively simple mods), it would be different than the Scout and could start turning the Victory brand into something much more interesting.

Ever since Victory started, I've been hoping for something more, but they never seem to come through. EBR makes the bikes I want, but they don't have the resources to go all out. Polaris has the resources, but they seem content to just continue to 'me-too' Harley.

I just have to hope EBR can get their feet solidly under them so we can finally have the kind of American motorcycle company I've been hoping for for over 40 years.

EBRforum Expert
    Based on chatter I read at ADVrider.com, apparently Polaris is dropping hints that something closer to Project 156 may be released in the near future (6 months - 1 year).

I actually saw an Octane on the highway yesterday; I was surprised to see one so soon after the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Yeah, I guess "for a cruiser" both the Scout and Octane aren't that bad, but why even make this when you have the Scout? I was sort of hoping that now that Polaris has Indian, that would be their cruiser brand and Victory could start making something I'd consider buying.

If the Octane had come out with a shorter rake, more rear-set pegs and minimalist rear-fender (relatively simple mods), it would be different than the Scout and could start turning the Victory brand into something much more interesting.

Ever since Victory started, I've been hoping for something more, but they never seem to come through. EBR makes the bikes I want, but they don't have the resources to go all out. Polaris has the resources, but they seem content to just continue to 'me-too' Harley.

I just have to hope EBR can get their feet solidly under them so we can finally have the kind of American motorcycle company I've been hoping for for over 40 years.
    Scott,

I totally agree that they are just following the basic design and looks concept of Harley, but the big difference is in the quality and ride-ability of what Victory and Indian are putting out. Harley was so slow to actual modify designs based upon new technology like they were better than that and now Victory is in and they are eating into the client base.

Side by side, if I was going to buy a new cruiser, I would hands down say Victory/Indian is the better bike and my choice...

I also completely agree that I would love for them to break into the market we want... They have the resources and marketing skills to make a company like EBR work... They just unfortunately aren't willing to take the risk at this time, because the current strategy isn't broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Name:	photo-4.jpg 
Views:	6850 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	814

Name:	080514-2015-indian-scout-scout-silver-static2.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	815

Name:	Victory_Octane_top.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	816

Name:  4afd8f00-d610-4c6d-b809-5aa4eea41080.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  176.1 KB

After the problems EBR has been having, I had held out a hope that we'd finally get the great American Sport-Bike from Victory, but this glorified re-badge is beyond disappointing.

Victory seems even worse than Harley with less diversity spread across two different brands.

Part of me was hoping Polaris would buy EBR, but now I'm not sure if I want this company any where near them. I'm afraid they'd put a perimeter brake on this overweight piece of crap, slap an EBR logo on it and call it a day.

I'm more desperate than ever to hope EBR can find a way to pull it off after seeing this Victory monstrosity.
    It's understandable to feel disappointed with the Victory Empulse TT, especially given the high hopes that many riders had for Victory as an alternative to Harley-Davidson in the American sport-bike market. It's true that the Empulse TT is essentially a re-badged Brammo Empulse R, which may not be what many riders were hoping for.
    That being said, it's worth noting that Victory has made some efforts to expand its range of motorcycles beyond cruisers in recent years, with models like the Octane and Gunner. However, it's also true that Victory's motorcycle lineup is not as diverse as some other brands, and the company has struggled to gain a foothold in certain segments of the market.