Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to install a quick shifter (Stock shift pattern)

EBRforum Newb

Want to install a quick shifter (Stock shift pattern)

Just purchased Race ECM with exhaust tip finish kit. I want to take advantage of the ECM's ability to signal a quick shifter. Does anyone know of a Brand (such as Dynojet), and part number, etc?
    Thanks for your help.

dynoJet switch works great, you will have to rig up a way to make it work, a linear switch may be the best way to go. Mounting the switch to the shifter lever and a fixed point on the engine is the only way i can think of to make it work with standard shift set up. Switch will wire up to the kick stand switch harness, (no kick stand switch on USA models) I bought the same connector and wired it to the dynojet switch and just pluged it in. I can help you with a GP shift set up, have not done one with standard shift yet.
    Last edited by mackja; 02-09-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: change

EBRforum ProvNov
    i made a shift lever using a GSXR shifter and extenstion and installed the dynojet QS into the shift rod.

EBRforum ProvNov
    LAP has an EBR Quickshifter kit for sale but its GP shift pattern, I ordered one amongst various other parts. Heres the part number if your interested, its $79 cheper than MSRP.

N1620A.14BX Quickshifter Kit, GP Shift Pattern $319.99

EBRforum Junkie
    Mackja, I could use some input on that quickshifter that you hooked up. How did you need to make it communicate with the race ecm? And how does the linear switch actually work with our shifter? I can't move my shifter up or down under load (on throttle) at all to make it communicate with the race ecm.

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Mackja, I could use some input on that quickshifter that you hooked up. How did you need to make it communicate with the race ecm? And how does the linear switch actually work with our shifter? I can't move my shifter up or down under load (on throttle) at all to make it communicate with the race ecm.
    it is plug and play, blue wire from Dynojet switch to the brown wire on bike, and green switch wire to black/white strip wire of the bike. Red wire is not used. As long as you have the race ECm it should work just fine. Make sure you have the right switch, if you have a pull type and need a push or vise versa it wont work either.

EBRforum Junkie
    The linear switch does not seem to want to work with my bike. I cannot move the shift arm either up or down under load at all, and therefore the switch doesn't move. The LED on the dynojet switch does come on when it is "supposed to" per the setup instructions, with the bike off, indicating the thing is wired right. Did you have to make the ecm recognize the quickshifter?

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace117 View Post
    LAP has an EBR Quickshifter kit for sale but its GP shift pattern, I ordered one amongst various other parts. Heres the part number if your interested, its $79 cheper than MSRP.

N1620A.14BX Quickshifter Kit, GP Shift Pattern $319.99
    Where'd you find that price?

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    The linear switch does not seem to want to work with my bike. I cannot move the shift arm either up or down under load at all, and therefore the switch doesn't move. The LED on the dynojet switch does come on when it is "supposed to" per the setup instructions, with the bike off, indicating the thing is wired right. Did you have to make the ecm recognize the quickshifter?
    Nope, I have done three bikes and I have never had any problems, but I have never used a linear switch either.

EBRforum Junkie
    Which model switch did you use? Forgive me to seeming a bit confused now, but the "sliding" Dynojet switch is what I have seen others install on their RX's for the track, correct? (Unless they went with the shift rod configuration like the EBR kits use). My kit is part #4-104. Push.