Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspension changes anyone?

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    How much fork tube sticks above the upper triple clamp at 485 mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Combat View Post
    Depends on the forks you've got I suppose...
    Correct. Do NOT use "tube above triple" to compare fork lengths. It's acceptable to use this measure when removing your forks on a bike for service to get them back to the correct setting, but unless both bikes (and both fork builds!) are identical, it won't yield a useful measure.

For example: when I had my AK-GAS cartridges installed, we extended the stock tube length 5mm. So, even comparing two sets of 1125 forks, mine are going to yield a different ride height when measured "cap above top triple" only.

The measurement should be done with the fork is fully extended. Not hard to do just need a front single pin race stand.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Yep, I can get a fully extended reading, but assuming you were running stock forks, then height above top triple clamp is apples to apples

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    I track my 1190rx now, and I made some adjustments, with input from Geoff May, I set the fork tubes at 485mm from the top of the bottom tree to the center of the axle, and the rear Showa race shock at 322mm in length. Had suspension set up for track use, works like a dream.
    Mackja, can you explain where the rear shock was measured from to get this length, and please explain what adjustments you made to have the "suspension set up for track"?