Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Press Release from Liquid Asset Partners Re: EBR

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Buell/EBR, etc has never made money.
    Please cite your source for this statement. While EBR was obviously deeply in the hole based on published information, we really don't know what Buell's balance sheet was since it was controlled in-house by Harley Davidson. Buell apparently did make a profit for a significant portion of its existence. Published articles state that profits from the sale of XB's were what gave Buell the money to go outside to Rotax to design the 1125 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Please cite your source for this statement. While EBR was obviously deeply in the hole based on published information, we really don't know what Buell's balance sheet was since it was controlled in-house by Harley Davidson. Buell apparently did make a profit for a significant portion of its existence. Published articles state that profits from the sale of XB's were what gave Buell the money to go outside to Rotax to design the 1125 engine.
    Hughlysses,

Clicking on Hellgates profile and viewing past postings just tell me he's a troll to be ignored... He's never said one nice thing about Buell/EBR, at least not here. I'm not sure why else he would contribute, except to excite his own fascination and delight at pissing people off, and somebody that obtains gratification in the failure of others...

Hellgate,

If I am wrong, please provide factual constructive statements for us all here... something that adds to the discussion...

As far as Aprilia next to an EBR... I would challenge the statement that an EBR next to an Aprilia wouldn't stand a chance... A

prilia has been building bikes for many years and have gotten to where they are through many design modifications and changes. They are established. The fact that they can place them next to an Aprilia is really saying something. I would also add that placing a ZX-10R, R1, CBR1000RR, or any other similar bike next to an Aprilia, somebody could say the same thing (the Aprilia would sell first), however, the bikes still sell... The Harley Dealership in Hawaii sells Kawasaki and Aprilia and are across the street from the Honda Ducati dealership, and strangely enough, they still sell other brands... It boils down to personal opinion.... W

e all know the reality of the situation we are in... We all know the troubles that have come down with EBR and Buell in general... We like to stay as positive as we can, with reality still around the corner....

My 2 cents...

EBRforum Junkie
    EBR next to an aprilia eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12108286_10106278760720049_4869377472188956213_n.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	828

They are both beautiful machines. The ape is just strangely beautiful with its sharp lines, mixes of colors and lines. The EBR is understated elegance IMO.
    Different bikes for different folks, but I'd pick the 1190 everytime

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Different bikes for different folks, but I'd pick the 1190 everytime
    I agree. Personally I'd take a black RX over anything current.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Exactly, that's my point from above. Buell/EBR, etc has never made money. Unless someone(s) has very deep pockets to build a proper dealer network, fund R&D, and pay for operations they'll be out in a 1 to 3 years.

Honestly I don't see anyone, aside from Bad Webber's, buying one. When you go to AF1 and an EBR is parked next to an RSV4, there's no comparison, the Ape wins every time; fit, finish, goodies, etc.

Good to have a non Buell/ EBR pundit on the forum- looking forward to even more posts!

EBRforum Novice
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    Really?
    post #45 sarcasm alert

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf29 View Post
    post #45 sarcasm alert
    You forgot to use the special sarcasm font.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf29 View Post
    Good to have a non Buell/ EBR pundit on the forum- looking forward to even more posts!
    Hellgate lived the Buell experience already, with an 1125.
    Plotter shouldn't be calling folks trolls, at least not on this forum.
    That kind of behavior belongs over there on Badweb.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo1 View Post
    Hellgate lived the Buell experience already, with an 1125.
    Plotter shouldn't be calling folks trolls, at least not on this forum.
    That kind of behavior belongs over there on Badweb.

sounds good -Thanks!