Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Press Release from Liquid Asset Partners Re: EBR

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Hopefully they don't hold us in suspense too long.

Interesting side note- one of the guys on Badweb (I think he's on this board too) traded messages with a guy that said he's riding an EBR to be used in an advertisement starting today. It sounds like the ad is being made for EBR.
    That is very interesting. As I mentioned a few posts back, I doubt LAP is particularly interested in selling motorcycles. They're interested in selling the company. If somebody is making a motorcycle ad/video I'd guess that represents real money being put in to sell motorcycles. And I wold guess that means a real investor and/or buyer as opposed to an interim care-taker.

talked with LAP today, second time in a couple weeks.

Big announcement tomorrow about bikes going back into production.

Asked if we wanted to be a dealer....told them maybe. I asked them if they are setup with Texas as a manufacturer yet, but they didn't know and they sounded unfamiliar with the process for Texas.. That is a big process with the state that will take them months. Until they do that, we cannot get EBR added to our franchised dealer license in Texas.

And no mention of what we should do with all our 2014s in stock collecting dust....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post

Asked if we wanted to be a dealer....told them maybe. I asked them if they are setup with Texas as a manufacturer yet, but they didn't know and they sounded unfamiliar with the process for Texas.. That is a big process with the state that will take them months. Until they do that, we cannot get EBR added to our franchised dealer license in Texas.

And no mention of what we should do with all our 2014s in stock collecting dust....
    It seems like getting details like that worked out should be the first priority. If you can make it as clear as possible what you need to move the 2014's and beyond, hopefully they can work with you to get it done.

The next year is going to have to be about getting the trust of dealers, suppliers and customers back . . . and that means understanding and working through details like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post

I'm just greatful you guys would consider hanging with the team.

EBRforum Expert
    Ed- also glad to hear you guys are at least willing to consider sticking with the brand. Hopefully they get their Texas manufacturer registration straightened out quickly.

Standing by for news from EBR...

I frankly think that if the new EBR can't get some of their previous successful dealers back on board (and I think AF1 certainly fits into that class), there's no reason to even try to make another go of it.

That's not to say they have to do it immediately. They're probably working through 100 really tough things right now, and the EBR two months from now may be a different entity than the EBR today, but if I were EBR, I'd be assuring people like Ed that he was our top priority. And while they may not have all the answers now, they need to be able to say: "We are putting every effort into getting the answers and will be in contact with you throughout that process."

EBR doesn't have to move the mountain in a day, but they have to show people they're moving some rocks now.

EBRforum Expert
    I checked, and the fees aren't that bad for the manufacturer registration: $1800 for the manufacturer/distributor license fee, $40 per dealer, and $200 per manufacturer's representative: http://www.txdmv.gov/dealer/manufacture

Hopefully LAP/EBR can cough up that much if that's all that's keeping them out of Texas. Even if all 50 states require something similar (and I don't think they do), that's only ~$100k or so. A lot of money, but not that much in the scheme of things.

12:35 EST and still no announcement from EBR...

Edit- but someone just confidently posted on Badweb that the BIG announcement WILL happen today.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 03-01-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Wow. So it looks like LAP is going to fund it themselves if nobody else steps up? They hinted that was a possibility, but I didn't really think they'd go full steam ahead. They're even talking about racing?

Should be interesting to watch.