Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Press Release from Liquid Asset Partners Re: EBR

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    I'd say that's good news. I can't imagine they won't find investors or a buyer. These are the most practically unique and beautiful bikes in the world and they can make power and handle on a world class level. With a good plan, sufficient marketing, and targeting the right customers here and overseas, I don't see why a team of reasonably competent people couldn't sustain a prosperous business. Plus, regardless of what politicians and big corporations say, exports i.e. bringing back leaving/left money is the best thing for our economy and our survival. Stupid mindless phone apps are not enough, lets sell something real!
    Yeah, and after the Chinese racing championship, I'd bet they could sell a few bikes there. I think the only thing standing between them and success is having someone willing to write the checks until the business can stand on its own.

I'll keep buying those lottery tickets.

EBR just posted on their Facebook page that big news is coming next week.

EBRforum Expert
    ^ I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    ^ I saw that.
    I hope I'm not reading too much into it. It could just be: "New bikes will be rolling off the line March XX." . . . which would be cool, but they've already said they were doing that, so I wouldn't consider that BIG.

I certainly hope it means someone with the money and brains to keep the company running until they're on solid ground will be buying them . . . but I'm afraid it might be something short of that.

EBRforum Expert
    The quote was actually "BIG news...". Hopefully they're not BS'ing us.

A little info is trickling out on Badweb. One dealer posted this morning that he had spoken with someone in the know and that he confirmed that production of new 2016 model motorcycles WILL begin next month. These will be RX's and SX's with no significant changes except for "bold new colors".

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    The quote was actually "BIG news...". Hopefully they're not BS'ing us.

A little info is trickling out on Badweb. One dealer posted this morning that he had spoken with someone in the know and that he confirmed that production of new 2016 model motorcycles WILL begin next month. These will be RX's and SX's with no significant changes except for "bold new colors".

While normally I'd be disappointed with "bold new colors" in this case it means the parts going on those bikes will match the parts on our bikes. So my biggest fear since the beginning of this, long-term parts supply, may not be an issue if they can keep things going.

I've been thinking about the news. On one hand, if they will be making bikes soon, we would expect them to try to make a big deal of it to get interest going and sell those bikes, so that could be all it is . . . BUT there's a unique situation here. LAP (which is the current owner and presumably has control of information such as that posted on Facebook) has one primary objective and that is to sell the company, not bikes. Hinting in a way that would lead most people to believe there is a buyer when there isn't one would be counter-productive to that goal. Potential buyers might read that Facebook post and say: "Well, I guess someone beat me to it. No reason to call now." and that would be the exact opposite of what LAP wants.

So I'm leaning toward the idea that this could be the kind of truly big news we're all hoping for.

EBRforum Newb
    I spoke to Marissa today at LAP getting a tracking number for my parts. I asked when will they give out an updated list of parts in stock. She said she wasn't sure because they are trying to negotiate re-stock of parts. What that means is anybodies guess.

EBRforum Expert
    ^ Sure sounds like they're getting plans in place for continued support/production. I can imagine negotiating new contracts with former parts suppliers is a tough row to hoe. Some of them probably got burned pretty badly when EBR shut down. They're going to want cash up front until they're thoroughly convinced EBR will be in business for a LONG time.

It's next week. . .

EBRforum Expert
    Hopefully they don't hold us in suspense too long.

Interesting side note- one of the guys on Badweb (I think he's on this board too) traded messages with a guy that said he's riding an EBR to be used in an advertisement starting today. It sounds like the ad is being made for EBR.