Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LAP Selling EBR Parts!

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    I am inclined to think there are not that many out there. Case in point it would appear the entire inventory of radiators and oil coolers has been put on the market. That does not bode well for a company getting ready to re start production. I'm still in wait and see mode.

I got that number from a couple of sources that are "in the know" on total production numbers. As far as the radiators showing up on the market, well, the guy was sitting on $300k of inventory that wouldn't sell otherwise as the supply chain for them was broken. No one was buying them at $750/set retail, so most likely that was close to his cost to produce them. Sell at cost and recuperate some of the funds invested or scrap them and lose money. IDS was released to sell their ECM's, the radiator guy probably got the same phone call or letter letting him sell them. Sure, it would have been a write-off for taxes, but it could have been a small supplier where these represent a HUGE investment in capital that they couldn't afford to write off. I certainly couldn't afford to do it.

the rad supplier has about 400 sets left in his warehouse.....he got burned big time....he's out well into 6 figures of $. Sold us a lot way under his cost just to recoop something, and free up space for other projects.

That is going to be the big hurdle.....getting all the burnt suppliers to build another batch of anything. I bet most of them shipped product to EBR before the shutdown with a promise of a check. No check ever arrived.

If anyone of them built a batch before the shutdown and still have it, they might sell that stock to LAP or to the public directly.

In the future, they'll likely never build another batch for EBR without pre-payment.

EBRforum Junkie
    Damn, Ed. That sucks. I'm sure there's a lot of similar stories that will emerge from this.

I need left footpeg assembly - I can not find in microfiche designation.
    Last edited by zviadi; 05-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Here is the link. It is a PDF file that automatically downloads to my phone, so it may be different for your; Google search "ebr 1190 chassis parts pdf". The footpeg assembly is in the two prints with the engine, pages 1-4.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...x_4VZyMAM75BeA
    Last edited by buell-fan; 05-01-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Here are the parts for rider pegs..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	footpegspartslist.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	318.4 KB 
ID:	881

Thanx, guys!
    I bought a USB flash drive with parts-list and service manuals on this site (EBRforum), but it has bugs in microfiches! Instead of these part-numbers is the inscription "Included in 39 below". Fig. 39 - this is a common nut M6

I wrote to LAP, I hope they will respond quickly.
    Last edited by zviadi; 05-02-2016 at 04:54 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Thanx, guys!
    I bought a USB flash drive with parts-list and service manuals on this site (EBRforum), but it has bugs in microfiches! Instead of these part-numbers is the inscription "Included in 39 below". Fig. 39 - this is a common nut M6

I wrote to LAP, I hope they will respond quickly.

Hi Zviadi. I am really sorry to hear about your crash. That car that lost its wheel needs to be taken off the road and the driver needs to be punished.

When you look at the EBR manual one part often refers to other parts. If the manual appears really small (microfiche) then see if you can adjust your .pdf settings so you can view it in a larger picture size. If you need help let me know and I can send you a manual with larger pictures.

Thanx for your help.
    I understood from microfiches and has already sent the order to the LAP.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Expert
    LAP's 20% discount on parts supposedly ends on Sunday- this was posted to EBR's Facebook page earlier this week. Dan Hurda also posted on FB that the "store" at ebr.com would be going active again on Monday.