Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2014 SX #0145

EBRforum Junkie

My 2014 SX #0145

Former Buell owner just became an EBR owner today. I bought 2014 1190SX #0145 (Laguna Blue) from BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville. It has 14.5 miles, but that's about to change quite a bit very soon. :)

I've already ordered the Patriot graphics from Dick's Racing, and will be deciding which route to go on the tail tidy this week. Other than that, I need to find some nice bar end mirrors and order the Dean Adams muffler. That should hold me over for a little bit.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Welcome to the club, congrats on the bike, keep us posted on the mods!

EBRforum Junkie
    Congrats.

Get Dean's pipe on it so I won't have the only ridiculously loud ebr in Jax when I move =)

EBRforum Junkie
    Oh stop.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Get Dean's pipe on it so I won't have the only ridiculously loud ebr in Jax when I move =)
    I decided to go with the factory style tips and ECM. Fortunately, Dean had it available on his site, so I was still able to spend my money with him rather than some company I don't know. :)

I decided against putting on the Patriot graphics:

They look great, but being a limited color option, I don't really want to hide that. If anything, I may try to tie in more Laguna Blue in other places.

I also ordered some CRG Arrow mirrors and picked up a license plate mount for the undertail today. Once the parts all arrive the bike should really start taking shape.

EBRforum Junkie
    Where did you find those patriot graphics?

EBRforum Junkie
    The pic is from the Dick's Racing website. I called and spoke to Dick, and he had someone make it for him. You can call to order the same graphics kit through Dick's racing for $199.

EBRforum Junkie
    Took off the stock mirrors and switched to a set of CRG Arrow mirrors. Much better looking and better visibility. With the stock mirrors, I was just seeing my arms and out to the lane beside me. With the new ones I can see all the way behind me. Very happy with the result.

The only surprise in swapping the stock mirrors out is that the stock mirrors themselves function as the bolts securing the brake and clutch reservoirs on the handlebars. You will need a M10x1.25 bolt. The shortest I could find was a 20mm, yet that is too long. You'll need to bring it down to around a 15mm length. I threw some spacers on temporarily to make the 20mm work, but I'll be shaving the bolts down at my next opportunity.

EBRforum Junkie
    Cleaned up the tail a bit. Got rid of the stock resonator and license plate bracket. I didn't want the traditional tail tidy, but rather something flush to the undertail. Got this kit from Cycle Gear for about $55 total. Not sure how long it will last before I find something more "factory" looking, but I'm much happier with this than I was with the stock setup.

Next few things on the list are removing warning labels, installing some axle sliders, and getting the first service done in the next 100 miles. Once that is done, I should be ready to dyno it and see how she fares.

EBRforum Junkie
    It's looking good. I got similar mirrors for mine as well but I need a wider garage entrance for them in that position!