Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER Auction for EBR!

Interesting note about Zeros

We sold EBR a new Zero XU back in the day for the factory engineers to play with. Zero is the leader in electric MCs right now. The Brammo/Polaris is still behind Zero technology, and HD never made one production bike. HD building that prototype did wonders for Zero sales. We sold a bunch after that, and the Zero tech is still way ahead of HDs.

The new 2016 Zeros are awesome if anyone wants to ride one, we have a fleet of demos

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm curious if this: "there had been interest from potential purchasers that did not attend or participate in auctions held in August and December."

Refers to S & S and Zero or if there are other, undisclosed parties that might be there next week.

It seem like in past auctions we've had rumors and speculation about multiple interested parties, but when it comes right down to it, it seems like very few people who actually bid.

There's an indication that nobody is matching the $3.15 million that GP holdings offered last time around, but I'm curious if they've been able to shore up their finances and may be prepared to make a run this time.

It seems like their phantom $3.15 million bid is what screwed everything up last time, but the fact that they even offered it shows they may have some serious interest. The extra time may have allowed them to line up financing.
    Because there was so much time from the last auction to this one? The judge and receiver clearly doesn't want a positive outcome, otherwise they would actually work out a schedule between all the bidders and allow for sufficient time to obtain funding... I have a bad feeling about this auction...

Maybe they are, and I'm just being negative, but who knows...

I hope my fears are allayed during the auction...

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotter View Post
    Because there was so much time from the last auction to this one? The judge and receiver clearly doesn't want a positive outcome, otherwise they would actually work out a schedule between all the bidders and allow for sufficient time to obtain funding... I have a bad feeling about this auction...
    If the bidder needs time to raise funding just to pay for the assets, what are the chances that they will be able to fund ongoing operations....

Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    If the bidder needs time to raise funding just to pay for the assets, what are the chances that they will be able to fund ongoing operations....
    The problem with the world today is apathy... but who cares...

EBRforum Novice
    I'll guess the court wants it done this time and will approve whatever happens on the following day.

EBRforum Newb
    The problem with the world today is apathy... but who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    Interesting note about Zeros

We sold EBR a new Zero XU back in the day for the factory engineers to play with. Zero is the leader in electric MCs right now. The Brammo/Polaris is still behind Zero technology, and HD never made one production bike. HD building that prototype did wonders for Zero sales. We sold a bunch after that, and the Zero tech is still way ahead of HDs.

The new 2016 Zeros are awesome if anyone wants to ride one, we have a fleet of demos
    The thing that intrigues me about Zero is they have experience launching a unique, high-priced US-made bike and getting it off the ground to the point it can sustain itself. In fact, I believe they are now the largest manufacturer of non-cruiser motorcycles in the US . . . right?

And they also understand these things don't happen over night. It requires a long-term investment and commitment. For all the Monday-Morning quarterbacking over EBR, I think the reason they failed is very simple. Their backer, Hero, wasn't willing to invest the time required to get things going.

Maybe they are, and I'm just being negative, but who knows...

I hope my fears are allayed during the auction...
    It certainly seems to be sloppy, but since it has dragged on this long (intentionally or not), anyone who was thinking about it in August should have been able to get the funds together by now . . . or it's never going to happen.

And there could be some surprises on Wednesday. I don't think any of us can do more than guess what will happen. Anyone could show up and anything could happen.

And while I don't want to defend how this has been handled, the judge and receiver have to balance allowing interested parties the time to get things together and closing this out in a reasonably timely fashion.

Any news? Faint whispers or rumors? I thought on previous auctions information started trickling out by now.

EBRforum Expert
    JS Online says Liquid Assets won again with a bid of ~$2M.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/eri...365207811.html

BUT Bruce posted on Facebook that he matched their bid and judge has to decide who gets it.

Guess we find out final outcome tomorrow.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 01-13-2016 at 07:36 PM.