Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the Dash?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Has anyone been able to reach HED? They have not responded to my email.

They haven't responded to me either... I will try to give them a call next week

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Me too...but only if I can still drive the bike without it.
    During my replacing bodywork from my crash, I replaced the flash breaker tape holding my...dash together. I noticed that it WAS held together with four screws. I mistakenly noted otherwise in a post back about 6 months ago when it originally fell apart. The four fastener bosses all snapped and the top and bottom of my dash are now two parts forever..!

I replaced the old tape with a new wrap of the same blue flash breaker tape. It's a transparent blue, thin plastic, almost invisible tape...but it's still broke..!

Mike
    I just had all 4 of the bosses in my dash crack/break off during a ride. Bike is a 2014 with only 6000 miles. Did anyone ever find a fix for this. Or anyone who will fix it?
    fknroger

EBRforum Junkie
    So I have the headlight off and a race fairing on so it may account for more vibration, but my dash feels like a bee hive buzzing, and obviously varies at different rpms. Have you noticed this with yours as well? I'm going to make a curved brace for the top two ears of the fairing stay that matches the windscreen's curve and see if that changes the vibration pitch.

HED ((800) 398-2224) and EBR have some type of relationship where they are trying to be hands-off until someone makes the right complaint, albeit in someone's ear or through a civil complaint. I'm not far off, but if the right complaint is filed the LAP and EBR will have to fix this dash issue through a recall. (Since EBR and LAP are producing and selling bikes of the same manufactured parts as before the shutdown.)

I've put more miles on my 2014RX with my dash reading 0 mph and communication error than with it functioning. I will not pay $600 for another I will seek another option and would even consider more of an analog tach like 1125 as long as I can still retrieve error codes and have coolant and oil warning lights I'm good. I currently have another oem dash not sure if they share lot#'s, will have to see but I suspect I will encounter the same issue if they do and even perhaps if they don't. I can get this dash to work intermittently, once I replace it I'm gonna try my best to get the original reliably functioning maybe try and reanchor the board and sure up the unit. I'm not impressed by these screens in the least

Well I gave in and bought a new dash, very dis-appointed in the lack of support for this bike. I love the bike (when It's not broken), seems like the more I ride it the more that goes wrong, couldn't begin to list the things I have had to replace that should have been warrantied. I also sent an email to HED offering to pay to have my dash repaired or the electronics transferred in to a new housing, but received no response. If anyone comes up with any way of repairing these dashes please let me know at least I'd have a spare.
    fknroger

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by fknroger View Post
    Well I gave in and bought a new dash, very dis-appointed in the lack of support for this bike. I love the bike (when It's not broken), seems like the more I ride it the more that goes wrong, couldn't begin to list the things I have had to replace that should have been warrantied. I also sent an email to HED offering to pay to have my dash repaired or the electronics transferred in to a new housing, but received no response. If anyone comes up with any way of repairing these dashes please let me know at least I'd have a spare.

That is terribly sad to hear that yours has given you so much trouble?

How many miles have you done on this bike?

Feel free to list the things you've had to replace. Im all ears !

Me too! My 2014 has been flawless *knocks on wood

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

The bike has 5,500.00 miles on it. (All street/canyon miles) I have owned it since May 2014, bought new from a dealer in Az.
    Don't get me wrong, I love this bike, just seems to have allot of problems that I believe should be taken care of on a new bike by the Mfg.

Issues I've had with the bike are as follows:

1. Overflow bottle cracked first couple of weeks I had the bike, Dealership warrantied this. (mailed me a new one)
    2. Rear brake reservoir cap fell off first ride, bought a new one (no I didn't check it, probably got missed in assembly)
    3. Fuel light has been on since day one, from reading on the forum the fuel pump needs replaced (not going to buy a $680.00 fuel pump just to fix the low fuel light)
    4. Front rotor heat checked so bad that it causes serious head shake, I mean violent! (started conversation with dealership about warranty replacement, EBR 1st bankruptcy ended this)
    5. Purchased a new rotor and hardware.
    6. Right front upper fairing split where it meets the lower. (I never removed this fairing) Purchased a new one finally, since ignoring it just made it worse (lol)
    7. Small starter relay under the fuse panel (under pass seat) went bad, took forever to diagnose, finally found it, determined it is the same relay used on snowmobiles, ordered one and soldered the EBR connector onto it. (it would cause the bike to not start randomly for hours and sometimes minutes)
    8. Battery crapped out in the first year, so purchased a new one
    9. Exhaust bracket broke off of cat. (appears weld did not make good penetration, too cold) repaired this myself)
    10. Chained sawed through the swing arm, foot peg mount, and heel guard. Purchased new parts and milled my own delrin protector for the swing arm.
    Purchased new chain and sprockets as well. (the chained stretched so bad in 45-70 miles it caused this, it did not slip on the swing arm at all)
    11. All four bosses in the dash split apart while riding, purchased a new dash.

Again, I'll say this is one of my favorite bikes to ride, I will not sell it, it's just been frustrating, I'm always fixing something. I have several other bikes, all older but way less issues.

BTW, I did here back from the manufacturer of the dash, they are not allowed to legally perform any repairs (for consumers) to the display since EBR is still a legal entity.
    EBR will not warrant the dash since the bike is out of warranty.
    fknroger

EBRforum Junkie
    I didn't get the "legal entity" response when I talked to HED, but I get where they're coming from. However, I still stand by my belief that EBR and LAP can and should be held accountable for the lemon dashes, and be required to replace them. A speedometer and odometer readout is most probably a DOT requirement for any manufactured auto in the US! The percent of them failing based on total manufactured bikes, and the possibilities of them failing at an inopportune time, would surely call for them being mandated to fix them in the right government entity is involved.