Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who makes the Dash?

EBRforum Novice
    Good excuse to evade those speeding tickets , one would think !

EBRforum ProvNov
    I have had two vehicles with recalls, a Lotus Elise that had a recall for an oil line fitting failing and dumping oil on the tires, and a Ferrari 355F1 that had a recall for a fuel distribution block that would dump fuel and result in a huge fire. Both were directed for recalls after the NTSB received enough reports to establish a pattern. If each person with a failed dash submitted a NTSB report making the case that it impacted safety then a fix would probably be directed in short order.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Me too! My 2014 has been flawless *knocks on wood
    That's awesome to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by fknroger View Post
    The bike has 5,500.00 miles on it. (All street/canyon miles) I have owned it since May 2014, bought new from a dealer in Az.
    Don't get me wrong, I love this bike, just seems to have allot of problems that I believe should be taken care of on a new bike by the Mfg.

Issues I've had with the bike are as follows:

1. Overflow bottle cracked first couple of weeks I had the bike, Dealership warrantied this. (mailed me a new one)
    2. Rear brake reservoir cap fell off first ride, bought a new one (no I didn't check it, probably got missed in assembly)
    3. Fuel light has been on since day one, from reading on the forum the fuel pump needs replaced (not going to buy a $680.00 fuel pump just to fix the low fuel light)
    4. Front rotor heat checked so bad that it causes serious head shake, I mean violent! (started conversation with dealership about warranty replacement, EBR 1st bankruptcy ended this)
    5. Purchased a new rotor and hardware.
    6. Right front upper fairing split where it meets the lower. (I never removed this fairing) Purchased a new one finally, since ignoring it just made it worse (lol)
    7. Small starter relay under the fuse panel (under pass seat) went bad, took forever to diagnose, finally found it, determined it is the same relay used on snowmobiles, ordered one and soldered the EBR connector onto it. (it would cause the bike to not start randomly for hours and sometimes minutes)
    8. Battery crapped out in the first year, so purchased a new one
    9. Exhaust bracket broke off of cat. (appears weld did not make good penetration, too cold) repaired this myself)
    10. Chained sawed through the swing arm, foot peg mount, and heel guard. Purchased new parts and milled my own delrin protector for the swing arm.
    Purchased new chain and sprockets as well. (the chained stretched so bad in 45-70 miles it caused this, it did not slip on the swing arm at all)
    11. All four bosses in the dash split apart while riding, purchased a new dash.

Again, I'll say this is one of my favorite bikes to ride, I will not sell it, it's just been frustrating, I'm always fixing something. I have several other bikes, all older but way less issues.

BTW, I did here back from the manufacturer of the dash, they are not allowed to legally perform any repairs (for consumers) to the display since EBR is still a legal entity.
    EBR will not warrant the dash since the bike is out of warranty.
    Oh dear that is quite the list man, props to you for staying with it!
    I would have gotten rid of the bike if i had as much drama with mine as you did with yours.

Twins in general vibrate everything off so its good to check fairing bolts etc everyonce in awhile...
    -Mine did the same thing in regards to the exhaust bracket.
    - the front rotor was a known problem for these bikes it happend on launch.
    -batteries are one of those things man, sometimes you get one that doesnt die and othertimes you get a dud that needs replacing far sooner than usual.

- the dash drama though is bull****, they should've given you a new one im not impressed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    I have had two vehicles with recalls, a Lotus Elise that had a recall for an oil line fitting failing and dumping oil on the tires, and a Ferrari 355F1 that had a recall for a fuel distribution block that would dump fuel and result in a huge fire. Both were directed for recalls after the NTSB received enough reports to establish a pattern. If each person with a failed dash submitted a NTSB report making the case that it impacted safety then a fix would probably be directed in short order.

Nice rides !!!

I think we should all do that...