Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMA Pro Road Racing 2014 (maybe)

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...till-possible/

Is it even worth doing a five race season?

I guess if they can say "We're going to focus on these rounds and really do them right so we can build from there." But somehow I don't see that happening.

I saw that Canadian Superbike had a very sort schedule as well. Why not look at merging the two?

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Why not look at merging the two?
    How does this make sense for the sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    How does this make sense for the sanctions?
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean how would the rules be combined? I would think they could come to a mutual agreement on a rules package, and I would lean towards being as similar as reasonable to WSBK rules.

As far as advantages, I would think it would help nearly everyone involved and help with the biggest problems both series have - not enough rounds, not enough riders, not enough sponsors and not enough fans.

I have heard people argue that the Canadian tracks aren't safe enough, but when AMA racing is facing an existential threat, I think they need to do whatever they need to do. Any riders who don't want to race those tracks can go to another series. It's all North America, so teams can drive to all events.

I'm sure there would be challenges, but considering the state both series are in, something has to happen or both may be gone soon.

Not only is it just 5 rounds, but for the most part they are 90 days apart. I don't see it making fiscal sense to try and hold a full or even partime team together for testing and development when the races are that far apart. To be quite honest with only 5 east of the Mississippi rounds, this looks more like a regional club racing org than a national series. It makes more fiscal sense to run WERA or CMRA for both the tracks and the teams if you're going to settle for running regional club racing. Unless they are really going to bite the bullet and market the heck out of the five rounds they have to win back fans, you can't say this is a rebuild, because where are the teams? No EBR, no Jumpman, only 1 KTM rider, Eslick going to Daytona sportbike, Hayden still has no ride, no title sponsorship, man this playing out like an old Meryl Haggard song.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Not only is it just 5 rounds, but for the most part they are 90 days apart. I don't see it making fiscal sense to try and hold a full or even partime team together for testing and development when the races are that far apart. To be quite honest with only 5 east of the Mississippi rounds, this looks more like a regional club racing org than a national series. It makes more fiscal sense to run WERA or CMRA for both the tracks and the teams if you're going to settle for running regional club racing. Unless they are really going to bite the bullet and market the heck out of the five rounds they have to win back fans, you can't say this is a rebuild, because where are the teams? No EBR, no Jumpman, only 1 KTM rider, Eslick going to Daytona sportbike, Hayden still has no ride, no title sponsorship, man this playing out like an old Meryl Haggard song.

I agree. A five round series just isn't worth doing, but if they have no choice, I would suggest cramming them as close together as possible - for example 1 race every other weekend for a 10 week season. Not only is the spread difficult for the teams, but casual fans are going to lose interest with 90 days between.

After you see a race, you're into it. You want to see what will happen next round. But that feeling fades over time and by 90 days later you've forgotten who won the last one and what the battles were and you have to start all over to rebuild enthusiasm.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...cing-official/ Not to put too fine a point on the whole debacle but 2013 was economically speaking a better year than either 2012 or 2011. Less than half the events and races. Really?!? Meanwhile HD pumps more money into XR1200 to race bikes you can't buy anymore(though they are all American( assembled)). How do you lose both title Sponsors mid contract? By only being able to provide half the advertising spots(races) that's how. How do you lose half the venues in the course of the year? By being so arrogant as to over charge both the fans and promoters to attend/host your events while simultaneously being so obtuse as to not plan more one than one season at a time until it was too late. That's how. Its not the Market, or the product, or the consumers, its the salesmen who are torpedoed this ship.

Larry Pegram will run the EBR 1190 this year.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...-championship/

Yep I posted a separate thread as well. I just got highly motivated to watch all 5 rounds, and even Super Bike Family. That makes 1 KTM, 2 Yamahas, 1 or 2 EBRs and... ahh hmm...in superbike. A grid 5 for the 5 round series.

Not to throw cold water on an already wet blanket of a season for AMA pro Super bike, but looking at the event schedules,http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/events/ the only two race weekend is Elkhart Lake, the rest are all Sunday only races. Are we really talking about a 6 race season! I was willing to accept 5 rounds if they were two race weekends (10 total) but there is no way you are going to secure TV coverage for just 6 races! I'd be shocked if they do. And if they do the marketing and production value better be out of this world or this series is done. I think they're trying to kill it. Sundays are usually more the local crowds. Saturdays were the die hards who travel in mixed with the curious. For me, since I'm doing bike week anyway Daytona is a go but, no way I'd pay to fly into Barber and certainly not drive it from Texas for just one day of racing. WOW... I sure hope I turn out to be wrong...

Looks like Roger Hayden will be the thrid man on the factory GSXR's this season. That makes the feild 2 R1's, 3 GSXR's, 2 EBR's 1 KTM 1 Honda and 1 Panigale so far. Wow that almost looks like a projected finishing order in the "Championship".