Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AMA Pro Road Racing 2014 (maybe)

I'm not sure if I were John I'd want to partner with DMG/AMA, it looks like he has been able to do what they have not. The fact that this is happening should have DMG quaking in its boots because it shows that they are replaceable!

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    DMG quaking in its boots because it shows that they are replaceable!
    I think that's the key point. If DMG closes their doors (as seems more likely than it's ever been), we now have an alternative.

But I think 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' might be sound advice for DMG right now (and I don't think JU's goal is to replace DMG as much as it is to ensure there are professional races in the USA).

So if I were DMG, I'd look into integrating John's races into my series and offering points for them.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...xpH9o.facebook Well this a good first step but literally you still have NASCAR in charge which to my mind either needs to be a complete cross pollinating marriage. Anything less will operationally be a conflict of interest with NASCAR always coming away with the best.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...xpH9o.facebook Well this a good first step but literally you still have NASCAR in charge which to my mind either needs to be a complete cross pollinating marriage. Anything less will operationally be a conflict of interest with NASCAR always coming away with the best.
    Yep. I think considering the current state of things, the fact that the headline was "AMA Pro Racing Restructures Board Of Managers" as opposed to "AMA Pro Racing Fires Board Of Managers" shows they may not recognize how much trouble they're in until it's too late.

On my way to Daytona and it sadenss me becuase I don't know whether to boycott the Daytona 200 in protest of the clear mismanagment of the series by DMG or swallow hard and support the riders knowing that the only way to see the races will be in person. So if I don't go to the 200, I may not get a chance to see any AMA at all in 2014. WHY is it we have FOX doing prerace, qualifying and practices for NASCAR and nothing for the AMA when the series is owned by the SAME group. DMG could easily have told FOX to cover the AMA side or they would walk with all their NASCAR stuff, but the fact is they don't want to. How is it that CBSS will be airing FIM SMRA and the naitonal box car champinonships but not the most "historic" race in American motorcycling? How is it that John Ulrich was able to get a TV deal in place for three races in less than 3 months and DMG hasn't been able to in almost a year? I love the sport but DMG is purposefully killing it. SMH in disgust.

EBRforum Newb
    At least some good news today for EBR fans. Laguna Seca was added to the 2014 AMA schedule as part of the WSBK U.S. event (July 11-13).

Quote Originally Posted by fabric8 View Post
    Laguna Seca was added to the 2014 AMA schedule as part of the WSBK U.S. event (July 11-13).
    Not that is great news! Providing my plans don't change I should be there for it. I guess with the launch of the new online network we now know why the TV deal seems so inexplicably elusive.

DMG is out KRAVE is in...http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...racing-series/

I knew DMG couldn't last another year like this.

DMG is out KRAVE is in...http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...racing-series/

I knew DMG couldn't last another year like this.

I saw some of these releases yesterday, but I'm not sure what it all means yet. Will there be sudden, dramatic change, or will it be a slow shift?

I would imagine they'd be dealing with the same tracks that DMG was dealing with and unless they're willing to offer a much better package (and I imagine money will still be somewhat limited for a product with luke-warm demand - and I don't think the basic demand will change overnight), it seems like they'll be wrestling with some of the same barriers DMG had.

Will there be a TV package? (Frankly, the WSBK TV package isn't that great and I had to pay a subscription fee just to get it . . . will they be combined in some way?) I guess one advantage could be that they could combine with WSBK and Moto-GP weekends (it seems like FIM had been throwing up roadblocks to that, will cooperation make it work much better?).

It seems like Canada is involved in some way that I don't understand. Will the two series merge? I've thought that's something they should have looked into long ago to increase tracks and riders. But one barrier has always been that DMG/AMA has requirements for tracks that prevents them racing on many of the Canadian (and US) tracks. Will they lower their standards.

I also don't understand who "KRAVE" is and their connection to all this.

It all seems very encouraging, but I still have a lot of questions. I'm not sure if I'll just have to wait to see how things progress or if some of my questions are based on my own ignorance.

Anyone else know enough to fill in and/or speculate on some of the unknowns?

It seems like this should help transfer-ability between the the series, and that should work out well for a team like EBR that (hopefully) has a long-term plan to participate in both.