Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotbodies Racing buyone get one free!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1699.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	971.1 KB 
ID:	738
    Here is the tag I was referring to inside each piece. I've ordered at least half a dozen sets of Hotbodies before, and never seen a manufacturer's logo in them. Makes me think the popped off multiple sets for the EBR race team and ended up stuck with them when EBR went under; or that EBR was going to offer them to the public through their own storefront.
    Mike, as far as fitment goes, race bodywork is always a P.I.T.A to get right. I've never had a set that fit perfectly. Even a 3K carbon set on my CBR needed trickery every time I removed the lower.
    It'll be a few weeks before I attempt to get mine on the bike, but I'll be sure to post pics once I'm done.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    That did it...

The lower fan duct hole indications on the side panel are in a good location. The upper fan duct "ledge" is about .38" too short to be able to be used. All the pushing in the world will not get the holes for the screws in the correct location. At least...not on my panels.
    But drilling the lower panel, to fan duct holes, heat the panel, push on the panel until the fasteners will go in, insert the front fastener and let cool. The back fastener will then fit also. All of the lower and upper mid panel fasteners are in place while doing the heating/cooling.
    So...I'm missing two fasteners that you cannot see anyway...

Though...since I'll have to be painting the bike anyway...I ordered a yellow factory mid panel to go on my black (?), "cinnamon" (as Lincoln calls it) bike. They fit like they are supposed to..!

I will keep the Hot bodied panels for the future...just in case.

Mike

P.s. - My panels also have the EBR indicator. I just figured each panel they make has the bike brand on it..!

Mounted the left side lower last night, fit is good, bought some snap clip dzus fittings to use on the four fan shroud mounts, will mount the other side and post up a few pics. Next is to order Dean Adams exhaust then finish up the belly pan.

EBRforum Junkie
    Today is the last day of the sale I've had running if you want to save a little coin.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Today is the last day of the sale I've had running if you want to save a little coin.
    What is the sale on?

Sale was on his EBR exhaust system with pre-programed ECM. Dean I got home late from work, when I checked last knight the sale price was not showing, oh well, I will get one either way. let us know if you decide to put a Christmas special up. Hint hint!! lol

I wrote a yesterday to the Hot Bodies - there is no answer. They normally respond to questions?

Can I set their racing bodywork with stock exhaust system? Producing they front fairing with a cut to the headtlight?
    I want to completely replace the stock bodywork on the race bodywork and ride on public roads.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    here is where I contact them. rick at hotbodiesracing dot com

To fit the body kit with stock exhaust will take some modification to the belly pan. You could use the stock belly pan with the rest of the Hotbodies kit. That would probably be easier than modifying the kit belly pan.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Can I set their racing bodywork with stock exhaust system? Producing they front fairing with a cut to the headtlight?
    I want to completely replace the stock bodywork on the race bodywork and ride on public roads.
    If you like a good fire it's fine.