Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotbodies Racing buyone get one free!!

Hotbodies Racing buyone get one free!!

Hotbodies is have a big sale on their race body kits, if anyone wants to go in 50/50 and get a set for $425.00 each let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Hotbodies is have a big sale on their race body kits, if anyone wants to go in 50/50 and get a set for $425.00 each let me know.

I'm in! PM your paypal address and I'll send funds.
    Last edited by kneepucker; 11-03-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum ProvNov
    I want too also. Anyone else want to go in?

Im in.. if you can ship it to Denmark at my cost.. ;)

EBRforum Junkie
    Anybody else get these body parts yet? The Hot Bodies SBK Tail is apparently molded from an RS Carbon Edition tail, (or maybe they were one in the same manufacturer?), because "Carbon Edition" is there on the grey primered tail in raised molding!

Yes, I received mine a couple weeks ago. The set did come with two different tail sections, one to use the stock seat, and the SBK tail designed for seat foam - and yes, the word "Carbon Edition" is visible in the molding. I was very pleased with that!

The thing I found most interesting is the EBR company logo tag inside of each part, which makes me think they made these for use by the EBR factory. Typically other Hotbodies sets I've ordered have "Hotbodies Racing" tags in them, not the motorcycle manufacturer's logo. I'll post pictures up later today of what I'm referring to.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    How well did the air box cover fit over the black EBR molded piece?

fit is a little snug but so far so good, I have mounted up the sbk tail section, air box cover and fairing. Overall I think the kit will be pretty good.

EBRforum Junkie
    Not overly happy with the mid (sides) fairing on my bike.
    The fairing "lips" do not come close to fitting properly on the fan outlet/duct box. The four fasteners locations in the fan duct will not come close to working, either side.
    While the ledge, whatever you want to call that area "seems" almost long enough per the stock body parts, the drilled hole locations are way off location. Warped..? I haven't tried yet, but maybe some heat will help things.

An old race car I used to own with a full fiberglass front end would be a real pain to close if I left it open (tilt front end) too long in hot sun. In the colder winter months, no problem.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Mike, it sounds like you have the right idea. A heat lamp may be the way to go. One thing is for sure, you don't want the body parts pulling the fan and radiator assembly out of its original mounting position and adding stress to those mounting structures from vibration.

How are you mounting the upper fairing in place? I think I'll need to fab up some type of mounting bracket, as I am working with an SX. The headlight and brackets are much closer to the forks.