Thread: Stalling

EBRforum Newb

Stalling

Has anyone else had issues with first gear stalling? I have owned many sport bikes and own a Buell 1125R now and it is very rare for me to ever stall any of them. I have stalled this new EBR 1190RX in first gear more than all my other bikes combined, I think. The coolest looking bike to stall on. It seems that first gear is a bit tall and clutch feel a bit vague in first. If others are having this issue what did you do to solve it?

EBRforum Junkie
    The first gear is pretty tall. I stalled it a few times when I first got it, and once on the line while drag racing it; don't ask me how. When it is time for new sprockets I may get a different ratio.

EBRforum Junkie
    I think I killed mine twice in the last 19 months of ownership, happened in the 1st week only, might have been the 2nd or 3rd ride.

EBRforum Newb
    First is very tall, can probably get to well over 70 mph. Despite the enormous torque, this tall gearing makes it easier to stall. I stall mine occasionally, but I wouldn't change a thing. It is best, most bad ass superbike out there. And it's American. Gotta love that.