Thread: EBR, RX in drag racing

EBRforum Junkie

EBR, RX in drag racing

Read the second paragraph.
    No idea about the engine. Probably a version of the current Buell.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...adds-new-rider

Mike

EBRforum Novice
    It's supposed to be an 1190RX yet has a kosman chassis and S&S power plant? Since When does S&S make the 1190?

EBRforum Junkie
    Um, you didn't read my comment about the engine..? And while this one is...far from ALL chassis are Kosman, and not all engines are S&S.
    ALL "Pro" NHRA drag race bikes are home/shop made within the NHRA rules..!
    Get over it, just like the rest of the class, the bike will be/is a representation of an RX, but visually...an RX nun-the less.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 10-21-2015 at 01:03 AM.

EBRforum Novice
    I saw your post here first and posted my question then went looking on badweb and saw it there. I figured more with knowledge of things maybe there and posted the same question.

Yeah, these drag bikes aren't even vaguely similar to the bikes they claim to be, but this does raise a couple interesting questions:

1. Is EBR supporting this effort to get their name on the bike, or is the team just using the EBR name because it's a twin and they can get some publicity from the name?
    2. What if (not now, but several years down the road) EBR actually did a sort of reversal and based a street bike on one of these drag bikes? They could use the S & S engine and their own chasis to create a Hayabusa type bike that would be all about straight line performance. I'm not personally a fan of Hayabusas and the like, but I think there's a market for those type of bikes - particularly in the USA. It would basically be a cruiser - heavy and loud with poor handling - but very different than a Harley or Indian. It wouldn't be very 'Buell' and not my cup of tea, but it could still be cool and bring some money and attention to the company.