Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Bodies bodywork

EBRforum Junkie

Hot Bodies bodywork

Just curious, anyone buy the Hot Bodies bodywork for their RX ?

Mike

I was also interested in this.
    I would like to ask Hot Body to make a cutout in the front fairing for headlight. Then I will change their stock plastic.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Newb
    I believe that hot bodies makes the OE fairings.

EBRforum Junkie
    Chris -

Not according to their web site, no, only a race (no headlight) upper. But I haven't called either..!

Modifying the race upper doesn't appear that difficult. The quick and easy way, just cut to fit, clean the edges nicely, paint.
    The better way would be do do the above, then build an inner wall (90 degrees to the outer edge) to give it a nicer finished look. While that would be more difficult, I don't see it as too big a pain.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 10-22-2015 at 02:10 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yeah, a guy from Hot Bodies said on facebook, on the 1190 owner's group, he's trying to get a group buy setup for new OEM fairings in a variety of colors. They did create the OEM fairings as well as the WSBK body work and the race body work they have for sale currently.

There's also discussion of creating OEM style body work in ABS so as to be a bit stronger as opposed to the current builds.

EBRforum Junkie
    Hmmm, interesting. Will give them a call in the next day or three.
    Thanks

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Talked to a guy at Hot Bodies a little while ago.
    The person that I talked to...knew nothing about a "group buy", knew nothing about a "street" center/upper, knew nothing about about ABS parts. He also said that with EBR apparently coming back, that a street upper maybe possible if enough people asked for it. Forgot to get his name...
    Right now, they have no stock of parts, but will build within a two week time frame.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    From the FB page in question.

Derrick Thiecke
    October 4 at 1:47am · Edited
    I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in purchasing a second set, or new set of fairings for their EBR. I spoke to Roger G.L. Davis from Calforma and he would be willing to press some more fairing kits if we can find 20 buyers. We currently have 2 buyers. The information Roger gave me was as follows.
    MSRP would be around $750-800 per complete set of RX using the OEM material in Yellow, red or Grey. White or black ABS to paint would be around $600 a set. The SX would be maybe 1/2 of that in White, Red, Yellow, Grey. The grey we have now is the second color run which almost looks like root beer. It never got sold, but does look cool, especially on the SX.

Roger Davis Alright guys I'll set up a page to pre order on, we won't bill you, and if there is enough interest well turn it on. Give me a few days, thanks!

EBRforum ProvNov
    I called Hot Bodies and the guy I spoke with did not know anything about it. Said he would check, that was Rick.

EBRforum Junkie
    Dean, all -

I called again today and ordered a few parts. Also talked again about the group buy thing.
    A "major" caveat to the "group buy" and or the ABS panels...
    Enough people need to want these parts before they will sell at a reduced price, or tool-up to make the ABS parts..!
    This...could...take days...OR it could take years to meet their criteria..! I'm not waiting for a...maybe..! Their parts are already a nice price compared to OEM prices.

Mike