Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control Light

EBRforum Newb

Traction Control Light

I just got my EBR 1190RX yesterday and took a 153 mile ride on it today. I tried to set the Traction Control to 6 and for some reason it reset it's self to 3. The issues that really bothered me was it flashed a lot. I was doing break in so did not go over 6K RPM. It came on during some down shifts, during some up shifts, and sometime during leaned over corning. I did notice a bit of slippage when leaned over and accelerating during exit. It blinked less as the ride went on. 3 should have almost no intervention so it seemed odd that I had it flashing so much. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you have to do to fix it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

EBRforum Junkie
    My SX will do exactly the same as yours. I haven't moved it off setting 3 yet either, with 780 miles and just "broke in. It would seem that the TC is working more off wheel spin and somehow senses slides in that regards because mine acts just like yours based on your description.

As far as it changing settings on you, there is a specific procedure to change it, bit I don't know if that locks it in when the bike is shut down and restarted.

When traction control is applied, the icon on the instrument cluster screen will flash as an indication to the rider that traction control is being applied and will continue to flash for 3 seconds after the traction control is no longer being applied. Perhaps you need better scrubbing on your tires or road conditions were unfavorable? Also the TC acts differently depending on what gear you are in so that may contribute to it seeming erratic. As far as in the corner maybe the TC caused the slip you felt, but probably not. I keep mine at 3 and everytime it has kicked in was on the track and for good reason... to it at least.

EBRforum Newb
    My TC has had issues since day 1. In my case, the speedometer is also slightly erratic. EBR changed my tone ring and wheel sensor before the shutdown, but it didn't fix it. My TC will still flash while cruising along in level 1. I just leave it off.

In warm and dry conditions ,Just turn the tc off! Control the bike the old fashion way,with the throttle. The default setting is three if your console electrical power is interrupted. The setting you select will or should remain after shutdown. Ah EBR bike owners,we all should have gotten RC8s LOL ��

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rx1190kevin View Post
    Ah EBR bike owners,we all should have gotten RC8s LOL ��
    That's a negative on that!

As far a the traction control goes, in theory the TC system senses wheel spin up based off the relationship of RPM and speed from inputs of the wheel speed sensor, if I am correct. Well if the TC senses this then it would also sense a clutch slip and equate that to a traction control moment, thus activating the TC and flashing. My TC has came on to flash under "medium" acceleration at higher speeds when I didn't think it should have either. It was probably slight clutch slip, but just enought to make a difference in RPM versus wheel speed. The bike had the easy pull kit installed by the dealer, but I got the original springs and piston assembly to put back in there. When I get a good feel of the bike for when the TC will activate on a clutch slip then I will change the light springs out for the original heavy spring set and see if the bike still makes a TC moment.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 09-20-2015 at 10:33 AM.

I go usually with TC-3.
    I totally disabled TC. Differences between disabled TC and TC-3 did not notice.
    I went to the heavy rain of 100-110 mph without TC - nothing unusual. The bike does not slip, if you use the rear brake.
    When TC-3 on each mound starts blinking icon TC.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    As stated above, TC3 is the default if the electrical system is reset for some reason. I'm a street rider and started mine out on 10 for the hell of it. The girl was pretty erratic, but I had never been on anything with this much juice. I only knew my XB12S's and H-D dressers. After a couple days I cut it 5, the next day to 3, the day after it was off. And has been off ever since. It's hard to describe the difference I felt from the throttle response when it was finally turned off.....but it's kinda like the difference I feel out of my 5.9 Durango R/T with or without a loaded trailer hooked onto it. She went from feeling pretty powerful yet hesitant to greased frickin lightning 3.5k and up.

EBRforum Novice
    Unless the roads are wet leave it off. (My recommendation), The chassis on these are set up so well they hardly need TC. At race level the TC is inadequate to be of any use. Also , even at TC 1 it depowers the engine by 15 rwhp spinning or not ! To be honest I was quite disappointed with the EBR's TC.

Where information about the loss of 15 rwhp?
    EBR 1190 RX