Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn-it...

Glad your not hurt worse than you are , curbs at 50 can be BAD! The bike and parts availability,thats the problem, until they get back up and running at the new whatever EBR is gonna be. I went down on a slick of anti freeze last year,panel ,signal ,bar end and swing arm spool later,up and running.. I did get BG stator and clutch covers,r and g frame sliders,as long as the neck,frame are true,most of the battle is won

EBRforum Junkie
    New parts ordered.
    We'll see how long it takes.
    It's actually plenty drive-able, just looks like crap on the left side.

Hopefully I'll have the parts before my shoulder is ready..!

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Did you order the parts right from the EBR website?

EBRforum Junkie
    No sir. Ordered from On Track Motorsports. The dealer I bought the bike from.

This is annoying. The bone seems to attempt to fuse during the night (no/little movement), then pops loose as soon as I start moving around...like getting out of bed..!

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    That sucks Mike. Fusing, then moving, then fusing; it is exactly how our bones have been evolving to heal for eons before doctors with metal rods and pins came along. The break will actually be stronger where it is fusing like that. Just like a cut, "It only hurts when it is healing."

EBRforum Junkie
    Bike parts wise -
    The clutch lever isn't available. I "may" be able to straighten it. It"s got a long continuous curve to it, with no sharp bend spots...maybe.
    The middle body panel doesn't seem to be available in "black". Everything else on the left side is on the way (three to four working days from today), including the right side mirror.

Me -
    Been sleeping on the couch, sitting up, much more comfortable than bed. Tuesday was a good day pain wise, then I screwed up...Last night (Tuesday), I decided to try bed for sleeping. BAD mistake. I think I'm almost starting over in the fusing action. Today's been a popping and snapping day all day long. Seems like standing (or having my back more vertical) vs laying, puts a very different force on the bone.

Mike

Mike...

Are you really Tony Romo?...

EBRforum Junkie
    Well, after two healing setbacks from driving my car (no power steering), I finally made it out to the garage today for the first time since the crash.
    I took off the clutch lever and straightened it, since stock ones are apparently not available. I was afraid of breaking it, but I was able to get it to about 98% and thought, why tempt fate, plenty good..!? Without using a straight edge, no one will be able to tell.
    Cleaned off most of the road rash, painted, now drying.

My collar bone is just a tad more sore than before I started the task. No felt pops, or grinding, just some general overall pain. Not taking any pain meds to make sure I don't push too hard..! If I feel too much pain, I stop and do the task a different way..!

Gonna pick up my bike parts from the dealer Thursday or Friday.

Mike