Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1190RX quickshifter?

EBRforum Newb
    The EBR quickshifter kit is available in both standard and GP shift patterns. As confirmed by an EBR employee, the kit will only function as a quick shifter when up-shifting. If you have the updated Dash/ECM then it is already programmed to accept the quick shifter and should just be a plug-n-play/bolt-on type job. Although I'm unsure as to whether any settings must be activated/changed when using the standard vs. GP shift pattern. Looking forward to installing one soon and seeing how it performs on track.

Quote Originally Posted by RaygMcKee View Post
    The EBR quickshifter kit is available in both standard and GP shift patterns. As confirmed by an EBR employee, the kit will only function as a quick shifter when up-shifting. If you have the updated Dash/ECM then it is already programmed to accept the quick shifter and should just be a plug-n-play/bolt-on type job. Although I'm unsure as to whether any settings must be activated/changed when using the standard vs. GP shift pattern. Looking forward to installing one soon and seeing how it performs on track.
    I got mine last week and it was an easy install - I already had the race ecm. All I had to do was plug it in and check one of the live data readings ( I believe it was the side stand switch voltage) to make sure that it changed state momentarily when the shifter was pressed in the direction of the up shift. My guess is the difference from standard to gp shift would be that one strain gauge/sensors would trigger the change when compressed while the other would trigger the change while in tension. This is my first quick shifter and it seems to be a pretty smooth working gadget. I like it.
    Last edited by rb21; 10-05-2016 at 08:26 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by rb21 View Post
    I got mine last week and it was an easy install - I already had the race ecm. All I had to do was plug it in and check one of the live data readings ( I believe it was the side stand switch voltage) to make sure that it changed state momentarily when the shifter was pressed in the direction of the up shift. My guess is the difference from standard to gp shift would be that one strain gauge/sensors would trigger the change when compressed while the other would trigger the change while in tension. This is my first quick shifter and it seems to be a pretty smooth working gadget. I like it.
    Thank you for the follow up, very helpful information. Seems like a very easy install to get you bangin' through gears in a matter of a few minutes. Enjoy!