Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your EBR today...

EBRforum ProvNov
    Well, an update to my optimistic post above.
    I'm back from the Texas Mile and mildly disappointed.

Best time(only got 4 runs due to rain/flooding) was 172.7, barely topping my Colorado time of 172.4.
    I learned a bunch tho and the quest for speed only continues.

The thicker air at sea level was a huge power boost, first run was like riding a rocket with a light switch for a throttle.
    A good part of the mile was on the back tire only, I made 155 on that one.

Before I left, I changed the shift from standard to GP.
    No matter how much I chanted to myself down, down, down, I still tried to toe up on second... 40 years of habit is hard to break.
    My Uly now has GP shift also...

It was a good trip tho, met a bunch of good folks at the races and got a super visit with family down there.

I'll be there again next fall.

Z

EBRforum Junkie
    Zac -

Aren't the Buell's regulated to about "that" speed by the government (just like the rest of the modern sport bikes), within the computer ?
    Or have you bypassed that restriction ?

Tire size x gear ratio x RPM... should give you a general observation of the possible speed. Something's gotta be changed redline, tire diameter or sprocket tooth count or a combination to up the MPH.

In any case, sounds like fun.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Zac -

Aren't the Buell's regulated to about "that" speed by the government (just like the rest of the modern sport bikes), within the computer ?
    Or have you bypassed that restriction ?

Tire size x gear ratio x RPM... should give you a general observation of the possible speed. Something's gotta be changed redline, tire diameter or sprocket tooth count or a combination to up the MPH.

In any case, sounds like fun.

Mike
    Isn't that bypassed with the race ECM?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Mike - if I can be at redline in 6th when I cross the mile.. not sure with the RS, the 1125R was figured to be around 186 at 6th-redline.
    Didn't catch a glimpse of the tach at the mile, I'd be trying to see the mph but not near redline.

There are a lot of "switches" in the programmable ECU, I have a lot to learn there. I don't think there are any "governors".

My biggest problems were the new shift pattern and I couldn't find the right stance.

Z

EBRforum Junkie
    "...if I can be at redline in 6th when I cross the mile.."

Got ya...

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    What did I do...
    Yesterday (11 25), I started a valve clearance check. Got the rear done, no changes required. Will do the front tomorrow. As noted elsware, hard to believe how dirty the air filter is, especially in such few miles (about 17K). And no, never been offroad with my RX..!
    I've never liked the K&N style for the street, but for as dirty as the filter is, the air cleaner "tray" is amazingly clean.
    Will finish the front cylinder tomorrow...hopefully again with no changes required.

Mike

EBRforum Newb
    Installed the DynoJet linear push switch (#4-104). Connected it to the kickstand wires per mackja. Works great.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What did I do...
    hard to believe how dirty the air filter is, especially in such few miles (about 17K).
    Mike
    I'd bump that check/clean interval up to every 3k miles. You'd be surprised how dirty it gets in even that amount of time. Btw, it has a detrimental effect on performance if you DON'T clean it regularly.

EBRforum Junkie
    Finally got my RX back together from its valve clearance check. Only needed one shim. All back together.
    And yea...I'll be doing a "much" closer check on the filter cleanliness from now on..!

One "extra" fastener, that I can't figure out where it went..! Everything (?) is back and tight except the throttle body solenoid, and it's two fasteners.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    So I changed my bars out to drag bars made by LSL, and put on some bar end mirrors to get those stock rabbit ear mirrors off of there. It was nice enough to run the bike on the roads today to check out their figment too. The ride height and feel of these bars is much better than stock; it is more comfortable getting down on the tank now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160313_125603.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	833