Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your EBR today...

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Drag raced the SX tonight. I know my reaction times suck and I haven't figured out if it should be short shifted or what (it went through the traps in fourth gear), but I was hoping for speed in the mid to high 130's in the 10's. It appears that a race ecm and good exhaust are necessary to uncork this thing.

Man, you should be running better than that on an sx! My first time out on the rx I ran a 11.01, then followed into the tens a bunch. Best is a 10.4 with a ****ty 60'

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Man, you should be running better than that on an sx! My first time out on the rx I ran a 11.01, then followed into the tens a bunch. Best is a 10.4 with a ****ty 60'
    I know, it was disappointing. Does you machine have the easy pull clutch springs installed, and what was your best top speed?

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    I know, it was disappointing. Does you machine have the easy pull clutch springs installed, and what was your best top speed?
    I've done it with both sets of springs. I'll see if I can dig up time slips tonight.

EBRforum Junkie
    noone1569, did you get the bike back from IDS yet? I am interested in what it did on the dyno and what they did to it for you. On mine I changed out the easy pull springs for the original heavy stock units when I got back from the track to prevent slipping and I am looking at putting in a programmable ecm with Dean's exhaust this winter.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 10-11-2015 at 06:42 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Been fitting Kevin Drum's system to my RS.
    He built it from the OEM exhaust I sent him, so it's close.
    Best fit is a little odd but working as I have almost an inch b/t tire and exhaust.

I don't think I need the bellypan so its gone.

Texas Mile is next week
    I'm gonna break into the 180s

Z

EBRforum Junkie
    Well I got the full compliment of RG Racing crash protectors installed on the SX, except for the front fork units. They are manufactured specifically for the RX and so I need to fabricate something there to keep both units sandwiched together because of the lack of a brake duct mount on the SX.

I also mocked up a sweet set of Woodcraft clip ons to convert the bike over for track days today. They mount a bit low because the ignition switch is in the way. So I have to see if the switch can be relocated inward so as to raise the clip ons up the additional 1.5" to the triple trees. There is a big difference in riding posture from the stock bars to the clip ons, and dropping down an additional 1.5" puts me nearly on the air box; which is good for the track but sucks for the 99% of riding I do on the roads.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by zac4mac View Post
    Been fitting Kevin Drum's system to my RS.
    He built it from the OEM exhaust I sent him, so it's close.
    Best fit is a little odd but working as I have almost an inch b/t tire and exhaust.

I don't think I need the bellypan so its gone.

Texas Mile is next week
    I'm gonna break into the 180s

Z
    How about some pics of the new exhaust... And are you all you ready for the Texas Mile this weekend?

EBRforum Junkie
    Thanks to Mike and his epoxy trick, I cleaned up the long tail light assembly by cutting 76mm out of the center of the stalk at an angle closely matching the light assembly end. The big end slid over the tail section stalk fairly tight at first, but filing on the big end to make the stalk radius match the tail light it made a perfect fit and epoxied up easily. It looks factory stock to the untrained eye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151121_104617_960.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	508.9 KB 
ID:	721  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151121_104942_486.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	468.3 KB 
ID:	722  

EBRforum Junkie
    Buell-fan -

Your welcome. Looks good.

Just to let you know, the lift spools you have on the swingarm, do a great job of keeping the swingarm off the pavement.
    When I crashed in the rain in September, the Highway Patrolman found the bike about 60 yards down the freeway from where I ended up which was about another 20/25 yards from where we (the bike and I) hit the pavement.
    The lift spool on the left side is about half gone, and "no scars" on the swingarm, axle or axle nut.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Mike, it is good to hear that the axle spools saved the rear of your bike. I have got both sets on there for the added "insurance" in the event of a low side incident.