Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your EBR today...

EBRforum Junkie

What did you do to your EBR today...

This thread is a place for all EBR owners to share and detail any maintenance, modifications, tutorials and upgrades, to ask questions and get answers from fellow members posting up their work, and, most importantly, to share the wealth of knowledge surrounding our bikes with each other to help keep them alive and healthy machines. Post up your contributions.

EBRforum Junkie
    The bike got de-noided today to loose the three pounds of unneeded weight. I had disabled it a week ago with not much more noise pollution, but then again it hasn't seen any WOT pulls yet because it is still being broken in.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the solenoid resistor that needs to be installed they can be ordered right from the manufacturer's distributor for $4.24 plus UPS small pkg shipping.
    Deutch Part No. DTM06-2S-P006
    Ladd Distributing, Kettering, Oh. (800) 223-1236
    Last edited by buell-fan; 09-11-2015 at 08:04 PM.

is it correct that you dont need the resistor if you have the race ecu and want to de-noide the bike ??

+1 ^

EBRforum Junkie
    Well...yesterday...
    I changed the brake and clutch fluid.
    I put my exhaust tips in place, moved them around a few times, trimmed one a little shorter, seems doable, for now anyway.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Mike, post up some pics of the exhaust soon! How did the fluids look as compared to new, and how many miles was on it?

I did my 620 mile maintenances tonight. I had changed the oil and filter at 148 miles, which is a hundred miles more than I would normally have changed the oil on a newly machined engine. This 492 mile oil looks a little better than the 148 mile oil that was taken out two weeks ago. There was still a bit of fine particulate matter that settled on the bottom, but less than last time.

EBRforum Junkie
    Tonight she gets a new rear shoe since she caught a nail, some fresh amsoil and hopefully track down this oil leak (likely from breather).

She's already gotten a Dean Adams pipe, that really woke her up.

EBRforum Junkie
    buellfan -

Didn't take any pictutes of the exhaust. I guess I can, but it'll have to wait till the weekend.

On the fluids, I refresh them when I notice a change in color. The darker (brown) the color is, the more water is in the fluid. The clutch needs to be changed about twice what the brakes need because of the extra engine heat.
    I did the clutch the first time at "about" 3000 miles and it's currently got about 57xx miles on it. But again, I really don't watch the time or miles, just the fluid color. I let it go past a tan color, but when it actually starts to look light brown...out with the old, in with the new..!
    Never let it go to brown. Remember, this color change is because of additional moisture in the fluid...and you know what moisture does to tight fitting parts (stainless or not)..!

Mike

Posted mine for sale.....sadly.....in the RX threads.......
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Tonight she gets a new rear shoe since she caught a nail, some fresh amsoil and hopefully track down this oil leak (likely from breather).

She's already gotten a Dean Adams pipe, that really woke her up.
    what did you do for a tune?