Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New owner question

EBRforum Junkie
    Engines that are only started for short amount of time will definitely build condensation and expell is as white vapor resembling smoke. It isn't good for any high compression air and water cooled machine to be started for only short periods of time and not allowed to warm up thoroughly. Not only because of condensate issues inside the engine but also for leaking gasket issues later on down the road too. (Because different metals, gasket materials, and parts within different areas of the engine will expand and contract at different rates.)

As far as the key goes, as long as it works in the ignition, and gas cap works, with the one I would ride but be gentle with it. So long as you have that EBR key card you can get one made in the near future too.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 10-01-2015 at 08:19 PM.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SX_Bueller View Post
    My concern is that there are no replacement parts available i.e., key blanks or lock cylinder sets.
    Take your key to a locksmith; I'll guarantee you they'll have a key blank that'll work.

EBRforum Novice
    Thanks guys for the feedback.

buell-fan - weather is really bad here so I have decided to wait until I can at least ride the bike the next time i start it up, hopefully it will be sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Hughlysdes - I will look into this, but right now I'm try to work with the dealer that I purchased the bike from and hoping they will cover the cost of replacement keys and lock set since the passenger seat one is damaged and will not allow the key to fully seat in the cylinder. So that area is inaccessible right now.

EBRforum Novice
    Just wanted to update everyone about the smoke/steam. I was able to get a little seat time on it today since the weather was nicer. started it up and after about 2 minutes of idling it went away. First ride on the bike, was fun that was. I put the TC on 10 just in case and that thing launches from a stop like a raped ape. I did take it easy like the book says during break-in.

My plan will be to half the first oil change at 300ish then the normal scheduled maintenance.

Here are a couple pictures of whats in the garage, even though there a couple more in my shed.

and finally my new ride.

SX_Bueller, how does it feel 1190SX after 1125R?
    I have a desire to buy second motorcycle 1125 СR to my 1190RX for city driving. I would be bored on 1125 after 1190?
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Novice
    the 1125 is a bit different along with differnet riding position, I almost feel more comfortable on the SX and willing to push it harder than the 1125 only because I am more used to an upright position rather than on over-the-tank one. I have only begun the break-in (7 miles so far) but it sure is snappy and quick off the light even set at TC10.

EBRforum Novice
    separately - just got word that the dealing will not cover the cost of the broken key nor the broken lock cylinder for the passenger pad. Can I take the cylinder from the gas cap and put it back there and find another gas cap that doesn't require a key. I would like to keep the ability to lock the passenger pad because I am going to use the helmet hanger.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to so many more miles on this bike.

EBRforum Junkie
    http://www.slingshotracing.net/catal...cap-p-868.html

Not affiliated with these guys, never bought anything from them either. Just providing a link is all.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    http://www.slingshotracing.net/catal...cap-p-868.html
    Not affiliated with these guys, never bought anything from them either. Just providing a link is all.
    That's the knock-off of the German one EBR sells, right?

I have one, and it leaks like mad. I've gone to a lot of trouble to fix that with better gaskets, etc., but in truth I wish I'd just bought the one EBR sells.

EBRforum Junkie
    Not sure where they're based out of, could be china for all I know.