Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New owner question

EBRforum Novice
    Does anyone have across reference for oil filters?

EBRforum Junkie
    Same as the 1125 filter. K&N 564 if you want to use that. I have a few in the cabinet here for personal use.

EBRforum Novice
    I found these for the 1125, Hiflofiltro HF564, curious if anyone has any experiences with them? amazon $9 which includes 2 day shipping with prime.

In the picture they seem way too tall, but that is typically a default picture and not actual size.

EBRforum Junkie
    Same part as previously stated.

EBRforum Novice
    okay, Once I stated trying to cross reference the numbers I realized they were the same. The K&N ones are about $1 more on Amazon at $10. I guess either would work as designed.

Thanks Dean for the feedback and info. I do have a separate question regarding your ECM/Tips package deal on your site. Is that the same ECM thats offered from IDS? Plus your price would include the finishing tips when the secondary muffler is removed?

THanks

EBRforum Junkie
    Same ecm, I order them direct from IDSPD and yes, the price includes the tips.

EBRforum Novice
    Okay, my new SX was delivered today and now have a couple questions along with issues. The issues are that the key lock for the passenger pad is damaged and the key will not go all the way in. I was able to operate it one time, but now it will not go in all the way. Along with that, the key that was delivered with the bike has a hairline crack about halfway down it and I am afraid that it will break off in either of the cylinders (ignition, gas cap, or seat lock).

When I started it up for the first time, it ran for about 30 seconds then shut off. restarted okay but there is a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I have never bought a new bike with only 7 miles, but is this some kind of condensation build up maybe that needs to burn off or some type of assembly lube? I am afraid of restarting it now because it never seems to lighten up or clear, I ran it for about 2 minutes. I did make sure there was oil in it and there was according to the sight glass.

Please let me know if a replacement key can be cut with the key code or aftermarket and about the running issues.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SX_Bueller; 10-01-2015 at 04:55 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Any competent locksmith should be able to replicate the key, although you should have gotten a pair of them, not just one.

How cold is it where you're located? White smoke can be one of two things. Condensation (assuming it's cooler where you are) or antifreeze. If it's condensate, you're fine. If it's antifreeze, you'll be able to smell it and tell. It's got a sick/sweet smell as it burns.

EBRforum Novice
    I did get 2 keys, one was mailed with my paperwork and was came with the bike upon delivery, the one with the bike is damaged; the other is cracked and can't trust it. The other issue is the damaged lock cylinder for the passenger seat.

I have contacted the dealer and they are looking into what they can offer as a solution. My concern is that there are no replacement parts available i.e., key blanks or lock cylinder sets.

I don't remember is there was a smell to the smoke, but the bike did get shipped from San Diego to Connecticut which was about 58deg here today. about 20 deg colder than it has been in the past weeks.

If there is no smell to it, do you recommend starting it and riding it for a little while to see if it clears?

EBRforum Novice
    I did cross post this to Badweatherbikers and BuellXB