Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce - what are the dealers hearing?

EBRforum ProvNov

Bruce - what are the dealers hearing?

Definitely not busting balls, but what about us dealers?
    Please let us in on what's happening, we are supposed to get these machines out to the public, and make a profit...
    I love Erik's work and live it, but we gotta sell to survive.

Zack

Quote Originally Posted by zac4mac View Post
    Please let us in on what's happening, we are supposed to get these machines out to the public, and make a profit...

Zack
    +1....we got 2 RX, one SX, and a RS in stock ourselves that need to go. Racking up interest every month with no end in sight.

EBR also let their Texas state manufactuerer license lapse, so technically we can't even legally sell them even if there were buyers at our asking prices.

EBRforum Novice
    I though you had several RS Ed? Maybe i'm confusing you and another dealer's ads on cycletrader.
    Last edited by oddball; 09-03-2015 at 10:41 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    When I talked to AF1, the guy said they had one RS, 2 RX and an SX, much like we have(without the unsold RS).
    I really hope the new entity will contact their dealer network soon or it's all over again.......

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    +1....we got 2 RX, one SX, and a RS in stock ourselves that need to go. Racking up interest every month with no end in sight.

EBR also let their Texas state manufactuerer license lapse, so technically we can't even legally sell them even if there were buyers at our asking prices.

This is also making it incredibly hard to get insurance on them as well. If you don't have it already you may find it nearly impossible until EBR gets their MFG's license situation fixed.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I sure wish I could see the logic in a TOTAL lack of communication from Bruce and Erik.
    Why is it so hard to start calling the dealers with ANYTHING, just gimme something to hang on to.....

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    This is also making it incredibly hard to get insurance on them as well. If you don't have it already you may find it nearly impossible until EBR gets their MFG's license situation fixed.
    I got insurance through GEICO but it was 2.5X what I was paying on my Buell 1125r, FJR, and DR650 combined.

most insurance companies dont seem to be able to tell the difference between an RX and RS so some have their insured prices at ~40k instead of ~18K. Most companies I called, GEICO included, said they would insure to it to about 16k but when I ask them to break it down it equals 40k. Seems to be common between the few companies I called. Allstate, farmers... This was the week after shutdown.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by zac4mac View Post

Zack
    What are the dealers hearing? Zip, nada, nothing. What happened to "[COLOR=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Our first order of business at EBR is to reconnect with our dealerships"? That was August.
    [/COLOR]

EBRforum Newb
    I have been riding Buell's since the early '90 s. I work at an EBR dealer now. We sold most of the EBR's we had in stock,some at a loss. The warranty issues seem less than any other other brand we sell. Give us some kind of insight so we stay a dealer.