Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK so who's going to pony UP?

EBRforum Novice
    Class,

You going to race yours? See you in Houston in Feb for the season opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    Class,

You going to race yours? See you in Houston in Feb for the season opener?
    Lol, I'll be there to Corner work. I'll leave the racing to the guys like you who actually know how ride. I'm certified old and slow.

EBRforum Novice
    I'll be there gettin' my ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    I'll be there gettin' my ass kicked.
    Congrats again on the Ship last season and expert coming up. Are you going to campaign the 1125r again or transition to the RX?

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Are you going to campaign the 1125r again or transition to the RX?
    I couldn't swing an RX -- would have been the cost of the bike plus spare wheels, parts, bodywork, exhaust, suspension, etc., to get it race ready. Too much all at once and parts for it are going to be hard to come by until it's really in production in earnest, anyway.

I've been developing my 1125r-DSB into what's really become a prototype machine. It will be an 1125r "frame"/fuel tank so it retains superbike rules compatibility, with an 1190-style swing arm, 1125 motor kitted to 1190 with rod bolts for an 11k spin, and then suspension upgrades (AK gas & Penske) returning from the 1125r from last year. All new bodywork will trim the bike by almost 4 inches on each side, and take about 3 inches off each side of the front fairing -- it will be dramatically narrower, and hopefully have less wind drag at TWS. There's a small litany of other little mods here and there including one-tool quick change for the wheels and other bits here and there that make my life easier.

I'm not very strong at Houston, so I'll be doing a combination of dialing in the bike as well as learning that track. Definitely going to be a weekend of some humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'd hope they'd give priority to actual customer orders but you both may be behind display/demo models. And since I count 46 dealers and growing, if we assume 2 display models per dealer, the first 100 or so may be already spoken for and you'll have to wait until after all of those have been delivered.
    Blue moon said they had 4 bikes on order, 1 demo in yellow, and 3 others in all the colors, told me all bikes will arrive at the same time. I to would think sold orders and dealers in warmer climates would receive bikes first. This waiting is killing me!! This is the first time I have ordered new gear before I had the bike, sitting on ready!!

Well at least we got a great poster for Christmas. They obviously decided to build the fastest color first. Lol. Merry Christmas fellow EBR'ers. May the New Year bring us exactly what the doctor ordered. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_23182071753158.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	148