Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...e-ready-to-go/One step closer as homologation inspections appear to be taking place next week. I'm curious as to how FIM is going to handle Bimota though as one could argue that EBR is an equally small niche manufacturer.

Stupid Bike Planet has reported that EBR has passed homologation to race in WSBK.

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Stupid Bike Planet has reported that EBR has passed homologation to race in WSBK.
    No that can't be right. They have "professional moto journalist" over there and they keep reporting on "Buell" which is not affiliated with EBR No seriously that is wonderful news even if the source is a bit suspect.

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artike...cid=12&aid=443 EBR makes its official International Pre Race Debut in Hero's homeland of India. I notice the race bike is using the same foot pegs as the 1190RX. I sort of wish the RX instrument display was the same size and shape as on the race bike and RS. On the track all I really want to know is RPMS, and Gear Poistion. And those I need to be able to see and read in a spit second glance. The MV F3 800 may as well not have a dash, everything is so small. The traction control light is ok but generally my head and eyes are not avail to glance at the intrusments during the most likely time for it to be activiated. Overall not much visually different from the WSBK to the RX.

Does anyone know when the races will actually be aired? I was trying to set my DVR but couldn't find it. I found something at 10:45 Friday evening, but that can't be right even with the time difference, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Does anyone know when the races will actually be aired? I was trying to set my DVR but couldn't find it. I found something at 10:45 Friday evening, but that can't be right even with the time difference, can it?
    Nope they are going to air it live, so with the time difference that puts it at Friday night our time.

On another note, apparently testing isn't going so well with both bikes suffering engine problems and well off the pace.( 8 seconds) But I'm sure they will get it sorted by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Nope they are going to air it live, so with the time difference that puts it at Friday night our time.

On another note, apparently testing isn't going so well with both bikes suffering engine problems and well off the pace.( 8 seconds) But I'm sure they will get it sorted by Friday.
    Thanks! If it should be Friday night, then what I'm seeing at 10:45 is probably it. I was just thinking it would be Saturday night rather than Friday night, but the whole international date thing is probably screwing me up.

And, yeah, 8 seconds is a pretty big gap, but that's why they're there. They certainly won't be on the podium this weekend, but hopefully they will be making steady progress.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    And, yeah, 8 seconds is a pretty big gap, but that's why they're there. They certainly won't be on the podium this weekend, but hopefully they will be making steady progress.
    This ain't the AMA. They need a full season or TWO to start running mid-pack. I, too, want it sooner and I'm pulling for them, but let's just be proud they made the show. May and Yates are very talented riders, but they wouldn't likely do better than mid-pack on top tier machinery. The team has a lot of disadvantages: new bike, new team, new tracks, new race series, riders new to the series, etc.

They jumped into the deep end and need time to develop.

EBRforum Expert
    Apparently they already cut 3 seconds off those initial lap times (per a post at Badweb).

The leaders are running 1'30's which is on track to shatter the track record from the race set last year. There is no way you go out and run that kind of pace on a bike AND tire combination you have never ridden on a track you've never seen before. Yet May and Yates are 4 and 6 seconds respectively, off the track record after a grand total of 3 two hour sessions on the bikes ever. This against teams who with the exception of two had already done two winter testing sessions prior to this. I don't see the leaders going more than a few tenths faster when the green flag drops, but I think the EBR guys are smartly building pace. They trimmed 3 seconds off their times from their first ever session to session 4 yesterday. They will continue to gain confidence and familiarity with the bike, tires, and track and be mid pack when the checker is waving.