Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Talked with Geoff at RA, he was there with his 2012 B bike with a stock RS engine, doing some durability testing. While STT has some fast riders, some AMA pros, Geoff was flying around RA, damn he is FAST!!

I'm assuming he didn't spill any beans regarding upcoming plans beyond what we already know.

Nope, did not offer any additional info. He did tell me that they are still working out some final details on vendors for the 1190rx, mentioned that Brembo has been working on the ZTL brake system, which will include a new rotor. So sounds like the rx will have a Brembo supplied ZTL brake system instead of Nissin. Bikes should start to arrive to dealers by January, which is good, I want to have mine no later than March.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    mentioned that Brembo has been working on the ZTL brake system, which will include a new rotor. So sounds like the rx will have a Brembo supplied ZTL brake system instead of Nissin.
    Very interesting. The existing EBR brake system has evolved tremendously from what was delivered on the 1125r, but racing with it still means doing some unusual modifications. I will be very curious to see what is delivered on the RX.

Anyone esle find it odd that their have been no reports of them testing anywhere? The winter testing ban is almost upon us and as of yet no one has heard who will be the second rider and no one has seen them testing. I have never tried it but, I don't think you can learn a track via XBOX. Shocked they aren't testing on track anywhere.

Heard Geoff May on Pit Pass Radio tonight. He indicated that the second rider will likely be Aaron Yates and they will begin testing in Spain in earnest after January. Yates is not a done deal yet but that the contract talks were underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Heard Geoff May on Pit Pass Radio tonight. He indicated that the second rider will likely be Aaron Yates and they will begin testing in Spain in earnest after January. Yates is not a done deal yet but that the contract talks were underway.
    I was just listening to that. Another interesting bit is he indicated they would probably maintain a presence with at least one rider in AMA (I'd presume that's Cory West, but I guess we'll see). While the AMA has problems, Cory or another EBR rider could be more competitive without Eslick, Hayden, May and Yates there (though maybe Hayden and Eslick will find rides - a West/Eslick team would be cool if they could find a sponser.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I was just listening to that. Another interesting bit is he indicated they would probably maintain a presence with at least one rider in AMA (I'd presume that's Cory West, but I guess we'll see). While the AMA has problems, Cory or another EBR rider could be more competitive without Eslick, Hayden, May and Yates there (though maybe Hayden and Eslick will find rides - a West/Eslick team would be cool if they could find a sponser.)
    Eslick on the EBR is magic! I really wish EBR can find a way to see an Eslick/Hayden combo. Sending Rodger to WSBK would have been better for the brand. Yates and May are great development riders but really aren't on the pace or agressive enough as RACERS(compared to the competition). They are both clean blue collar type guys with not much flash or pinash. To me we need a rider on the world stage who can win fans even if he doesn't win races. Hayden dropped a top 10 finish at Mazda last year as a wild card. The EBR suits his riding style better. If its Cory West in the AMA for EBR, he will be chasing Knapp and Filmore on the KTM's not because they have better bikes, they just have more pace as riders.
    Last edited by Classax; 12-06-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Eslick on the EBR is magic! I really which EBR can find a way to see an Eslick/Hayden combo. Sending Rodger to WSBK would have been better for the brand. Yates and May are great development riders but really aren't on the pace or agressive enough as RACERS(compared to the competition). They are both clean blue collar type guys with not much flash or pinash. To me we need a rider on the world stage who can win fans even if he doesn't win races. Hayden dropped a top 10 finish at Mazda last year as a wild card. The EBR suits his riding style better. If its Cory West in the AMA for EBR, he will be chasing Knapp and Filmore on the KTM's not because they have better bikes, they just have more pace as riders.
    Let me preface this by saying I'm 95% sure Geoff was saying they'll probably sign Aaron, but his wording was very interesting.

"Most likely you'll see the same teammate I had before."

Couldn't that statement apply to Eslick as well as Yates?

Well it appears it will be the team of May and Yates after all. http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk...-buell-racing/ Doesn't llok like they are planning run as EVO either. Best of fortunes to you gents. Keep it shiny side up, on the course and above all finish in front of the Panigales and MV F4's every race!
    Last edited by Classax; 12-06-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Look like the first test of the season will go down at Almeria on January 25 and 26th! Then they'll test again down under the week of the season opener. Suit up guys and gals its time to go racing! This information courtesy of Mr. Geoff May!